Car Jack

Does anyone have drawings for a car jack? I'd like to fabricate one but save some time on the planning phase.

Thanks,
John

You bet. Here's a diagram of what to do, along with a warning.

ps. on a more serious note, please don't end up like the guy reclining on his garage floor.

Attachments

• carjack1.gif
    carjack1.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 332
  • car-jacking2.jpg
    car-jacking2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 468
  • carjacking3.jpg
    carjacking3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 383
If you want to use a cheap small floor jack fabricate a piece like this. Works front and rear. If you want a non hydraulic quick jack use the search feature. There were some posts on that a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• DSC_0199 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0199 (Large).JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC_0200 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0200 (Large).JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 720

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Has anyone got a jack / or system that is usable if you have a puncture / blow out with a totally flay tyre?

Ian

Ian, just thinking outside the box here mate in an effort to help so please tell me to Foxtrot Oscar if you like......Fix a Flat can be used in a pinch and is mentioned because of its portabilty. Comes in small green plastic containers in the states. Its supposed to fill the tyre to a point that a car can be driven to a garage so a more permanent fix can be made. Not sure what or how the green ingredient is removed from the tyre once the product is used though. The other thing I've seen which is ingenious is the football type bladder that has a hose which connects to the exhaust and you place the bladder under the car where you need it and the exhaust fills up the bladder. This too is light and portable. Just suggestions made more for their storage ability in the car then their effectiveness since I've tried neither. I have AAA (like the RAC or AA) in the event of a flat.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Jimmy
I carry a can of tyre inflater stuff and have breakdown cover.

Not that I have tried but I doubt my jack will het under the car with a flat tyre. I recon about an inch from the floor

Ian

Back