Front Rear Clip Locators

Am installing the clip locators in the attached pic. Need to take off side rockers to complete the install.

Pulled al the bolts except the forward most attachment point of the rocker. Looks like a drain hole with a grommet of some sort. Question is, will this just pop out with a screwdriver, or do I need to remove the plate in the front wheel well to get to a nut of some sort holding this drain in place. Don't want to force the issue and damage the rocker.

Thanx
Mark

Attachments

• Clip locators.jpg
    Clip locators.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 271
SPF GT40 MKII...but will probably need to use pop-nut sheet metal inserts since as best I can tell, looking thru the various holes in the rocker, looks like I won't be able to get a nut on the male portion of the clip locator.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Question is, will this just pop out with a screwdriver, or do I need to remove the plate in the front wheel well to get to a nut of some sort holding this drain in place. Don't want to force the issue and damage the rocker.

Mark -- that drain is connected to a hose that runs up to the aluminum collar around the fuel filler; it's to give any fuel that is slopped around the filler opening some place to go.

The plate is really easy to remove; just remove the front wheel and pull all tlhe phillips screws. It's no big deal. Having done that I tried for a few minutes to disconnect the hose from that plastic fitting but never took a really close look to see how it fastens to the bodywork. But if you get that plate off and put a flashlight on it I bet you can figure it out.

Back