Members other projects Forum

I have a very similar request as to what Mark Pickford requested recently. In the same way as he feels, I also feel a bit foreign in posting on other websites where I " know " nobody and they don't " know " me.

Is it possible that a new category of forum can be created, where members can share their interests / projects which are not directly GT40 related?

My present project is a scratch-built aluminum inboard v-drive boat. Five years ago I started with nothing but a dream and a vision; and hopefully will have the maiden launch this summer before Christmas

Ron, please give this request a serious consideration.

Zollis.

Last edited:
Jim , thank you for the interest. I just don't feel to post pics of my 5 years of labor, love and sweat in those muddy waters , mud pool that the Paddock is lately. As soon as an appropriate sub Forum is created I would like to post my build log there.

Z.C.

My elderly father and I are working on putting together an austin seven "nippy" race car similar to this:

Austin Seven Test - YouTube

It's just about as far off of a GT40 as you can get. I just spent a half a day machining some door hinges for it out of silicon bronze bar stock. It's like a 19th century child's push pram with a large lawn mower engine bolted to it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Cliff,

That Austin 7 is a fine looking little car!

Zollis,

As a person with over 40 years boating/sailing, I would love to hear more about your labor of love.

Jim,

Thank you for showing interest.

Going to start the build thread now in The Auto Collection as suggested by Ron.

Z.C.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Cliff, that looks like really interesting project and good luck with that, look forward to seeing photos. Seems like 'The Auto Collection' or whatever it gets renamed to could be a good place.

In my college days, a friend had a 7 saloon. Our homes were 50 miles away, so we stayed in rented accommodation near college during term time. I remember our drive from home to college at the start of term, we set off late afternoon and by the time it was dark we found that power was significantly down with the lights on. So much so that we seemed to be slowing down to a crawl up hills. The solution, switch the lights off course!, gave us a few mph:)
Had a 2 main bearing crank as I remember, adequate for the power I suppose.

Dave

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Something on the order of;

Wings, wheels & keels collection. ???

I love the idea of it.. Our interests are many here and it's only natural to want to share within our community..

Ron Earp

Admin
It is done. And there won't be any politics there. The Paddock is where those that wish to converse about political topics hang out.

Back