Motor Mount Question

I was assembling my motor mounts in preparation for dropping the engine in on Friday when I noticed something that perplexed me. As I understand it, the mounts are built with an offset to set the motor back in the chassis, correct? If that's true, then there should be a right and a left, correct?

Well, my mounts are exactly the same. Am I up a creek, or is there something I'm missing?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Right and left mounts (the bolt on pieces with the rubber or preferably the urethane) are the same. The block bosses on the engine are offset as are the mounts. When you turn the mount around from right to left they even up. Doesn't look right until you bolt 'em on.

Rick,

Thanks. I went out and measured the block bosses from the bellhousing, sure enough , they're offset. To think I lost sleep over that!!

Last edited:
Ron,
I had to cut about 1/4" off the tube on the chassis on one side to get the transaxle to line up with its mounts. I added an equivalent amount of washers to the other end of that tube. I think Lynn Miner did that too and has pictures somewhere in the 'How To' section.

Back