New guy, wants SLC.

Hi guys.

Im Aaron.

I've been reading all your work logs for the past few months, and with the help of the search button, have been able to get 99% of my questions answered without hassling any of you. :)

Some of the stuff I've seen here blows my mind. I first heard of the SLC-C from a fellow car buddy, and of course the first thing I thought was "oh yeah, another k.t c.r" ......well. What Fran has made available and what you guys have documented just blows my mind.....:shocked:

Anyway, buddy and I have agreed to build them together, starting late next year (come on Aussie Dollar!!!). We were set on gettin them from our Australian counterpart, but alas, its not to be. So a trip to Michigan USA! is in order, hopefully to return with two rollers, two extra street tail clips, two motors and transaxles and two Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts.

We both live in the Northern Territory, which is a backwards hicksville full of beer swilling morons with little mechanical knowledge.

The good thing is, the guys that tell us wether we can register our Individually Contructed Vehicle (ICV) are a bunch of backwards, hicksville beer swilling morons with little mechanical knowledge.

Our version of the DMV (Known as MVR here) dont even have equipment to test for emissions :) and most of the 'officials' are regulars at our motorsport events. I guess we are the opposite of California. Fran's pre emptive strike in sending chassis to Australia for torsional testing is much, much appreciated. Surviving the GFC whilst suppliers collapsed is commendable. :thumbsup:

Buddy is a Nissan GTi-R circuit racer (has three of them) and I am a typical toyota freak (couple of 2JZ's running 9sec HP with a 12 sec time slip :) )

I have seen the light, and will enjoy an LS3/Ricardo based powerplant, but friend is set on a 1UZ (or 2/3/5UZ stroked combination). I am trying to ween him off the Japanese stuff, but he needs convincing.

I thank you all for your time and willingness to share, and look forward to returning the favour.

Aaron

Aaron,

Welcome to the forum as well! I live in the "Western Territory" of Texas so I feel your pain when it comes to local support.

Welcome to the family!

Feel free to ask me any questions about the car and components, and I'll gladly refer you to everyone who has posted above me:thumbsup: (and most likely to everyone posting after me.....unless it's Alex of course.....who, if I'm honest, knows far more than I :laugh:).

You are really out/up there, are you at least near Darwin? South of there I imagine ANYKIND of help is extremely scarce until you get near Adelaide! Good luck with your builds and I imagine there are some long stretches of road in NT where one could test the car. How is speed enforcement up there? :)

Last edited:
Aaron, welcome to the forum. We are a helpful lot so ask away!
True quote above. But watch out for this canuck by the name of alex. He'll hard sell the carburated LS. We expect him to chime in at any time with his Holley double pumper!

Wow! Thanks for the words guys :)

I am in Darwin, but its not much of a capital city, more like a country town. About 130,000 people here, so you can count the supercars on one hand. (1 Diablo, 1 F355, 1Gallardo, 1 audi R8) Several 911's and a pair of datsun GTRs.

There some extrememly long, lonely, recently surfaced stretches of road once you get out of city limits. Having driven back and forth from the Melbourne to Darwin several times, I must say that speed enforcement is pretty non existant outside of townships. Its quite surreal as the sun goes down when you head through some of the desert areas, purple skies, nothing but red earth 360' as far as the eyes can see. You really get in touch with your machine.

Looking forward to this project. The best part is that theres always some new improvements being added as time goes by. The downside is the waiting and wondering! Wish I could order tomorrow......women eh? *sigh*

hehe....she scratches and crashes everything she drives. Hence the toyota bent.

Im close to making crocodile skin/pattern look good in an automobile. Its taken about 30 revisions, but as soon as I have it right, I'll photochop it into an existing SL-C picture. For the love of remote living.....?:shout:

Back