Sheet aluminium needed in midlands area

Hi all

I am trying to get hold of some sheet aluminium to panel the rear of my car over the xmas period. I need the following:

18 gauge polished aluminium
50cm x 28cm (2 sheets)
46cm x 28cm (2 sheets)
40cm x 28cm (2 sheets)
37cm x 28cm (2 sheets)

16 guage half hard sheet aluminium (suitable for floor panels)
100 x 32cm (2 sheets)

Does anyone know of any suppliers in the midlands area, ideally near the Leicester, Coventry area that could provide what I need?

Thanks all

Trevor

Trevor

We can probably help you out.

Thanks

Andy

Andy if you can provide me with the sizes above then great. The only problem is I'd need to travel over to you and I could really do with it by next week to get cracking.

I'll give you a call tomorrow

Trev

Thanks Brett, I was going to google it but I just wondered if anyone on here used any particular companies.

I tried local, gave up as either they were forever out of stock, never open at decent times to get there or the petrol costs ended up being more than delivery! Might be more over your way though.

Good find David, can you tell me what grade aluminium you ordered, 1050A H14 or 5251 H22?

I went 5151 but in hindsight I should have gone with a mix of some 1050 and some 5251.

It depends on where its for, anything with complicated folds go 1050, if its heavy wear, needs strength or is just a flat piece go 5251. 5251 is a bitch to bend in comparison, 1050 can be bend almost by hand, 5251 can be bent but you will *need* a folder.

Thanks Brett, I was going to google it but I just wondered if anyone on here used any particular companies.

Trev

Sorry I couldn't resist it ;) The company I use down here are pretty good, but I generally buy bythe sheet and they cut it up for me on their big guillotine.

It did take me a bit of ringing round initially to find them. If you think you will need mre int he future, then buy a sheet and see if they will cut it down for you. Then you will have bits spare if things don't quite go to plan

I went 5151 but in hindsight I should have gone with a mix of some 1050 and some 5251.

It depends on where its for, anything with complicated folds go 1050, if its heavy wear, needs strength or is just a flat piece go 5251. 5251 is a bitch to bend in comparison, 1050 can be bend almost by hand, 5251 can be bent but you will *need* a folder.

Thanks David

I need the aluminium for some panels for the rear pontoon sections of the car around the engine bay. They are very similar to the front wheel arches so have a couple of folds in them.

Do you think I should go for 1050 would be the most suitable? I have a metal folder so bending the aluminium isn't an issue and I don't want flimsy panels.

Trev

It's more if there are lots of intricate folds, 1050 can be bent by hand with little more than an edge clamped to it. 5251 is easy to bend with a folder but depending on your folder can be tricky if you have close bends.

If you are happy you can do it with your folder then go 5251.

Back