Dashboard

Mine sits on 2 prongs :)

dashswitches.jpg

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Al,

Believe it or not industrial strength hook and eye (not normal Velcro) is incredible for just such an application....

Where do you find it in small quantities? I checked on the 3M stuff, but it's really pricy, and comes in large rolls.

I had some small pieces of the stuff on my race motorcycle, and it was incredibly strong. I had to be careful to not break the bodywork when pulling my transponder off the bike.

Alex, does the dashboard get fastened to anything on the windshield side?

Nope, it just sits there. It's pretty solid. Just 1 1/4-20 screw on each of the ends, and then it sits on the aluminum angles.

I've adjusted the height of the aluminum pieces with washers to make a bit of a compression fit between the dash and the body so the dash can't bounce or move around

I bonded wide aluminum support pads in three locations to the body shell that duplicates what Alex shows here. I rely on a little felt and rubber to make for a compression fit between the dash and the inner body. It is not bolted in at the front, it is held in from the part facing the driver and slides out with the removal of four screws.

i tapped 1/4-20 allthread into 2 places though the Al plate under the dash and put 1.5" bumpers on the end. then i can raise/lower it from under the dash. it boucned a little so i 3m tapped the crap out of the bumper ends

How far do you guys have the dash wedged in under body. Looking at Allen's, it doesn't seem wedged in very much if at all.

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 390
How far do you guys have the dash wedged in under body. Looking at Allen's, it doesn't seem wedged in very much if at all.

The dash ended up a little over a quarter inch under the body all the way along the body.

And yes it's the Alsa soft feel paint with some black candy paint mixed in.

Back