GM steering column wiring

Hi,

Does anyone have a link to the wiring connections for the GM steering column? Or even just a part number for the GM unit so I can go find it myself? I don't have my kit yet, but wanted to think through the wiring a little.

If you have any photos of any of the plugs lying around that would be highly useful too.

Thanks,

Tim

I think this answers itself when you have ISIS system: just plug the ISIS right in.

I like that answer. :thumbsup:

Wayne made a diagram of the 40 pin circuit. i cant seem to find it. I dont think the auto on headlights were ever foung in that circuit. that'd be a nice one to find.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Wayne made a diagram of the 40 pin circuit. i cant seem to find it. I dont think the auto on headlights were ever foung in that circuit. that'd be a nice one to find.

The "auto on" headlights is controlled by the BCM. It uses the ambient light sensor which is located on the dash. There is absolutely no way of using this without a BCM and HVAC module.

I will be using C6 Corvette engine/ interior wire harnesses in my upcoming build. Benefits of this are, heads up display, auto on headlights, theater dimming interior lights, keyless engine starting, tire pressure monitor system (great feature with runflat tires), ECM control of the AC, cruise control and integration of factory gauges.

For anybody looking to add cruise control, here is a link to a company that has a solution if you are using a LS3 type of engine harness. Cruise Control

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
You can buy the 40 pin Delphi connector and pins here 15475869 Delphi Connection Systems Automotive Connectors

I can mail you the 40 pin connector diagram and wire identification sheets from a XLR if you email me your address. You would also need the various wiring schematics for the lighting, wipers and steering tilt/telescopic system to fully understand how to integrate this to a SLC.

I just purchased my SLC last week. Does Fran include this information in the build manual?

Last edited:
Yes, a description of the pinout for the major components is included. Not as detailed as the one you describe, at least with my 3 year old kit. How much $ did that ls3 wiring harness cost? I'll pm you my emial, can you send me a copy of that pinout too?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The SL-C ISIS system has the 40 pin connector integrated into the harness.

Tilt/tele, lights, turn, wipers already fully functional.

Option 3 - remove it and put the manly steering option in :D

shaft2.jpg

Back