Oil pans?

Does anybody know which wet sump pans will/will not fit the chassis? (by fit I mean not hang below the frame rails). I know the standard LS3 one will, but are there others (e.g., will cts-v pans fit, ls1, etc...)

Any C5 or C6 corvette pan should fit with out a problem. I'm not sure of others, but I wouldn't want to use them even if they did fit as they would be closer to the ground.

My LS7 pan fits perfectly with the mounts the factory put in. It hangs about 1/4" above the bottom of the frame rails.

I have a floor under it, to protect it and the dry sump hoses from damage.

Will,

I'm doing the same and have the belly pan cut and ready to mount...but I believe Alex is referring to wet sump pans.

Alex, does this mean you have an engine to fit the pan to?

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha

No :embarassed:

But I do have a completed short block at least, and the heads are in the shop, so it shouldn't be too much longer. But I need to know about oil pans (what will/won't fit) for WET sump .... I'm trying to go wet sump for fitment reasons, but I may end up having to do dry sump if Erik feels windage will be an issue.

Will,

I'm doing the same and have the belly pan cut and ready to mount...but I believe Alex is referring to wet sump pans.

Sorry- skipped right by the wet part!

Of course, Alex says he has an engine, but I doubt it unless he shows proof of life! Come on, Alex, show us a pic of the engine with today's newspaper!

bumpity bump bump to see if anybody has found oil pans that do NOT fit (although i'm pretty sure all c5/C6 corvette pans will fit as Roberto said)

Has anybody tried it fit either a cts-v pan or f-body pan in?

C5/C6 corvette pans are out for my engine, but I don't know how the above will fit....

Alex- regarding the F-body oil pan. I have a LS6 in a very small car (super 7) and had to use the F-body oil pan. It's a very shallow pan and I needed it for clearance reasons. I'll try and find a tech sheet I had found regarding the Dims on ls oil pans.

Found two word docs with pictures and measurements (not fully complete) but has 4-5 pans listed with measurements. Send me an e-mail with your return if you want it -- Sharkey

Back