Alan Mann AMGT01/02 Research Questions

I am building a 1/16th scale Alan Mann AMGT01/02 Model , it is mostly scratchbuilt and I cannot find photos of the Interior surfaces, specificly the the floor ( in front of the seats) Carpet?, the center tunnel , Smooth Leather?, and I had read the flow thru seats where removed and replaced with smooth, leather or cloth seats? I am building the car as practiced for the 1966 Lemans 24 but did not run with the 427cid and Weber carbs.. I am about 3 months into this build my progress photos can be seen at http:// public.fotki.com/pmodwrks/ in the album titled 1 WIP 1/16 Ford GT40 Alan Mann AMGT01/02 Thanks in advance as this info has me stalled on my project a bit... Chris

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
I am building a 1/16th scale Alan Mann AMGT01/02 Model , it is mostly scratchbuilt and I cannot find photos of the Interior surfaces, specificly the the floor ( in front of the seats) Carpet?, the center tunnel , Smooth Leather?, and I had read the flow thru seats where removed and replaced with smooth, leather or cloth seats? I am building the car as practiced for the 1966 Lemans 24 but did not run with the 427cid and Weber carbs.. I am about 3 months into this build my progress photos can be seen at http:// public.fotki.com/pmodwrks/ in the album titled 1 WIP 1/16 Ford GT40 Alan Mann AMGT01/02 Thanks in advance as this info has me stalled on my project a bit... Chris

Chris, from my research the two cars ran 289 Weber motors. I have interior shots I can post tomorrow.

The Aluminium lightweights ran with small block 289 that was what Alan Mann wanted to enter the 1966 Le Mans with. He says that they had a reliable output of 425bhp. They were tested against the MKII's at the April Practise day and the MKII's were chosen. He was contracted to run the MKII's at Le Mans.
You could get onto John Simons at Marsh models who has made a 1/43rd scale kit of the lightweights. No promises but he might be able to help. Or photos LAT might have some for a price.
Regards Allan

Back