Thanks For The Ford 2-Seaters Event . . .

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Thanks to Steve Catbert, and all the others for having the "2-Seaters Powered by Ford" Event March 3, at Irvine, Calif., Cars and Coffee. 

It was an amazing event.

There were numerous Cobras, Ford GTs, and most of all plenty of GT40s: MKI, MKII, and even two MKIs with Gulf livery. Glad I arrived at 6:00 A.M. since the cars all began to arrive then, and it was great to hear their roar. I've been to this event in the past, and there were more cars of every vintage and kind, as well as photographers, videographers and spectators than I've even seen there on other occasions. Of course it was a beautiful day, with clear blue skies and a high of 79 degrees.

The best part for me was meeting a GT40 forum member and Cobra Club member, Mike Biss. Great guy, and he showed up with both of his GT40 replicas: a CAV and a Superformance. Mike spent at least an hour or more answering my questions. He is a very savvy and experienced GT40 assembler, having acquired both of his GT40s originally as rolling chassis. He was very generous with his time, and gave me numerous tips on details to check and mods to make when my rolling chassis arrives circa June/July of this year. 

Sadly, I did not use a camera, but did accomplish my goal of meeting GT40 and Cobra owners, and learning all my simple mind could remember to ask and store. I did not continue on with their caravan, destination and lunch, but you can see their well thought out plan by reading Steve's original post here: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/all-gt40/36578-2-seaters-powered-ford-event-march-3-a.html

All good things to all, Robert

Last edited:
Back