SLC Chassis Cart

Hey Guys...I'm in the process of building stands/carts for my SL-C build. My plan is to use two carts. One for the front, and one for the rear...it'll be a lot easier for me to get the car up and down on two than one big cart.

The idea is to make them have an adjustable height and width. The question I have for you guys is this...

Based on the SL-C chassis; what is a good range of adjustment for the distance between pads? I think I can safely do 12-15" of adjustment. For example...will a minumum of 36" and a max of 48" wide work well for contact points (front and rear)?

Below is my rough design. With the arrow indicating my question area...

stands1.jpg

Make the width to the centerline of the main longitudinal chassis tubes. I made a simple rectangular 2"x2" steel tube frame with castering on all four wheels. It works with the engine installed and is not height adjustable. Made sure I could get a jack under it too! Rolls easily with one hand on the SL-C chassis w/engine installed.

Thanks Jack, but here's the thing...

I have no idea what the measurement is between the main longitudinal chassis tubes :huh: or any other chassis dimensions...

Are those the best points? I'll have my motor/trans in as well. I'm doing the stands in two parts so I can easily put the car up and down myself. Jacks on one end at a time, and so on...

Back