jack lift for mk2?

moz-screenshot.png
Look in chassis, brake, tire & wheel under front tow hooks. Down in the thread you'll see some information you need. I used two inch heavy wall square tubing to make mine for my MkII. I welded a 3/4" solid rod supported with a gusset at the ends of the tubing. After removing the lifting pad on a roll around floor quick jack a threaded stud was welded to the center of the 2" tubing. this was mounted to the floor jack where the pad had been located. Mind you the spacing between the lift hooks is smaller in the rear of the car.
moz-screenshot-1.png

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
David are you talking about the original one with the long handle? Doesn't SPF sell those?

I made the one Grady is talking about for my MK1, works great.

Thanks guys will check out these links car is bing fettled now..... I suppose if you get a flat you call a freind!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ok
You are running 4 inches front and 4.5 rear inches chassis heights

Running period correct 15 inch rims when the tyre goes flat you have no height between chassis and the road.

Yes you need to have a god friend or breakdown recovery in your mobile phone.

Ian

Or Fix-A- Flat:cry: I carry some in my "Goody Bag" along with a small 12 volt inflater.

Bill

Take a HARD look at your Fix-A-Flat. Some of these things use PROPANE as the active ingredient, or something else equally flammable. That's like driving around with a bomb inside your car.

A friend was driving his Pantera for hours on a hot day, coming home from a Pantera convention. Engine heat got to his Fix-A-Flat and it EXPLODED, throwing shrapnel everywhere. It destroyed all his luggage and everything inside, and also put numerous huge dents in the $3000 decklid. And it could have been much worse.

Of course, the ambulance chasers are all over this sort of thing, as it's much more common than you would think:

Fix A Flat tire inflator explosion - Tire sealant injuries death lawsuits- Call Lawyer Attorney

In the late 90s, I read a newspaper article about a mechanic who was killed when he went to remove a tire from a wheel which had been repaired with fix-a-flat. He was using a tire machine that had a steel arm that rested against the wheel. When he used it, it sparked, igniting the mixture inside. If my memory is correct, the explosion also set the pumps on fire and destroyed the gas station. :shocked:

So, don't be that guy. If you have flammable stuff, get rid of it (safely!) and buy some modern, non-flammable stuff!

Back