CHevy Bel Air Hot Rod

Hi
A friend of mine wants to buy this car

Chevrolet : Bel Air/150/210 Chevrolet : Bel Air/150/210 - eBay (item 260972470205 end time Mar-12-12 18:56:08 PDT)

$(KGrHqFHJBME8e7!7tz2BPJeu,gt1Q~~60_3.JPG

He has contacted the owner an got some replies, that the car is still available. THan he wanted to go forward and talk about visiting dates and payment terms. Since them no answer anymore.

My friends plan is to fly over and take a first hand look at the car and than buy it. If possible drive it to New Jersey to get it loaded into the container.

The Car has supposedly presented and also got a trophy on the last World of Wheels, Chicago, IL - 'Outstanding in Class' winner

According to EBAY and the emails we got, owners name is Jason ( guess his last name is REITZ). located at Orland Park, IL,

Any information about the car and the seller would be appreciated

Thanks for your help

TOM

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
For the 50k selling price - it looks like your friend got a really good deal!

I have a 56 Chevy that I need to do a resto on someday.. I only hope that it comes out looking that nice!

Randy

selling price will be higher than that, this was the last offer in ebay ( reserve not met). Franz is trying to start the negophase. But seller is not answering since a few days. THats the reason why i posted

TOM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Tom - I misunderstood.. I hope the seller contacts you all soon...

I see that his recent activity has been sparse;
eBay Feedback Profile for jasreitz

Apparently only buying a couple of magazines this year. Maybe another stolen ebay ID? Or could be totally legitimate...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have sent the seller a email, asking a few questions about the car, and if it is still available. I'll see if I get any response from him.

Brian

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Tom !

No reply through the normal Ebay system. I tried to contact the seller directly and haven't gotten anything back yet. I'll try again.

Regards Brian

He's probably not even a real person! This is probably a scam--somebody snatched some photos off the internet and created a fake auction trying to steal money from people. No way they are going to communicate with somebody who wants to come view the car in person!

I don't trust the add just because of the add header .
By the pictures it is a 1957 Bel Air 2dr hardtop .
No need to add 150/210 as 150 and 210 and different trim levels ( 150 is base model , 210 mid-range with a little more chrome ) .
I know it pulls a wider search group in , but still throws a flag in my opinion .

Back