Superformance MK I rear closure tray

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
We are working on offering the original type aluminum rear underside closure tray that covers the transaxle and mounts to the tubular framework.

This illustration from the GT40 parts manual shows the setup.

It will be aluminum contoured to fit, have the raised edges and come with stainless attaching hardware as well as rivnuts that will go into the tubes to secure the tray. Rather than just run screws into the framework, the rivnuts will allow easy and repeated removal without enlarging the holes.

What say you? Any interest?

Attachments

• GT40 rear tray.jpg
    GT40 rear tray.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 419

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
I have two specific differing interests:

When I log on to this forum, I am confronted with a text screen that says if you are a frequent visitor, please consider being a financial supporter - or words to that effect. So, I wrote a note that said I would like to join, but I do not have a credit/debit card, but can send in check, or will wire money. Please let me know how to accomplish that goal. No such reply was ever sent.

I've written to you privately on at least two occasions, once last week, and on those occasions I was interested in purchasing products from you, but have never once heard back from you. Yet, you are a prolific poster on a variety of threads. Is it just me, or . . . do I have you confused with another moderator that sells GT40 parts?

Sincerely, Robert

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have two specific differing interests:

When I log on to this forum, I am confronted with a text screen that says if you are a frequent visitor, please consider being a financial supporter - or words to that effect. So, I wrote a note that said I would like to join, but I do not have a credit/debit card, but can send in check, or will wire money. Please let me know how to accomplish that goal. No such reply was ever sent.

I've written to you privately on at least two occasions, once last week, and on those occasions I was interested in purchasing products from you, but have never once heard back from you. Yet, you are a prolific poster on a variety of threads. Is it just me, or . . . do I have you confused with another moderator that sells GT40 parts?

Sincerely, Robert

Robert,

I have nothing to do with the collection of funds for the website, that would be Ron Earp and I will make sure he contacts you.

As to GT parts I have no knowledge of any communications from you. You can PM here or email rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com or call me 716 407 0975 and I will pleased to respond.

Rick

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Robert,

I have nothing to do with the collection of funds for the website, that would be Ron Earp and I will make sure he contacts you.

As to GT parts I have no knowledge of any communications from you. You can PM here or email rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com or call me 716 407 0975 and I will pleased to respond.

Rick

Thank you! Robert

Rick,

I'm curious, what gauge aluminum are you planning on using? Would it be strong enough to mount an accusump to, or is it there to just clean up the air-flow passing the undertray?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Avialable in few weeks. Price not yet established, the tinknocker who is making them needs to do two or more to figure the time required.

This only fits the SPF/FAV MK I as the MK IIs have a different rear structure and they didn't use a tray.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
FWIW, I have one of those (from Jay Cushman) and I don't think I would mount an Accusump on it.... just my two cents. Unless it's a LOT thicker than the one I have, which just smooths airflow.

Will it come with a pair of aluminum 'eyebrows'? Sorry but I had to ask again. Any update of promised delivery?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Will it come with a pair of aluminum 'eyebrows'? Sorry but I had to ask again. Any update of promised delivery?

Grady,

Still waiting on several sets from the factory. When I get a set I am having my tinknocker make patterns and will be able to supply in a timely manner.

We are working on offering the original type aluminum rear underside closure tray that covers the transaxle and mounts to the tubular framework.

This illustration from the GT40 parts manual shows the setup.

The illustration is a little vague. Can you show some photos of this actual piece on an original car to give a better idea of what it is/where it goes/what its function is? I presume that SPF forgot to include this on their cars?

Not a factor for me at the moment (the $100k I need to buy a GT40 replica still hasn't turned up under my mattress!) but it might help others understand a bit better, and hence increase interest/improve sales.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Mike,

Will do. It is basically a "clean-up" part that seals the area from the rear suspension hoop to the lower body.

And dig harder in your mattress..........

Back