What size master cylinders?

I can't easily see the master cylinder sizes now that the pedals are in the car. Can someone tell me what size masters come with the tilton pedals?

I think I have to much travel in my clutch. I am using a hydraulic release bearing so my setup is a little different than most. My bearing calls for a 3/4 cylinder but I can't see what I have.

Dean, do you have a clutch pedal stop. I don't know much yet about these transaxles (learning), but I wouldn't think overextending the bearing throw would be beneficial for the hydraulic bearing seals. Who else is using your throw-out bearing seatup here. I went through 2 master sizes on my other car (tko 600) till I found a good compromise - this was also on a external slave to hydraulic internal swap/conversion. 7/8 shifted quick with extra foot pressure and short throw, but 3/4 was less pressure, longer throw and felt like butter IIRC - it's been a while.

This is from the manual- but relates to the external slave set-up:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Recommended Master Cylinder Sizes for transaxle:

Porsche G50, G51, G52, G64 – 3/4”
Ricardo – 3/4"
Albins – 3/4"

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

my 2 cents -- Mike

Last edited:
Yes I have a pedal stop. I can watch the bearing actuate and it isn't moving enough for the pedal travel I have. I just wanted to know the sizes so I knew whether or not switching to a 3/4 would help. The 3/4 is the right part. I just need to know what I have. I can't imagine there is any air in the lines after all the fluid I have ran through there but it's always possible.

Did you bleed the master cyl. 1st and then the slave. If you have air trapped in the master - you can bleed the slave all you want. Ask me how I know......
As for what you have in there now.... get out a small mirror, flashlight and stick your eyes down in that footbox - there should be the cylinder size stamped on the master.

--Mike

Thanks Fran.

I did check it with the mirror after Fran's post to be sure and it is in fact a 3/4. I pumped another quart of fluid through and found some illusive air bubbles.

I'm going to put it on the ground and set the peddal stop.

Thanks for the help.

Back