Empty space in my garage

:huh:I hate to report that I now have an empty space in my garage... The spot where my GT-40 #2183 was parked for the past 2 years sat is on its way to a new owner. I reluctantly had to sell her due to a medical problem with my legs. I just could not press the clutch with my left leg without on going pain. I must admit, I have been fortunate to be able own a few exotic cars, and the GT-40 will always be my favorite. I really enjoyed the sound of the bundle of snakes under full power, and the torque while shifting gears, and having my local mechanic be able to work on it. I want to thank Dennis Olthoff for his help and service while owning the car and his help with selling it. I will let the new owner introduce himself on this forum and I would like to thank all the people who answered my newbie questions during my first few months of ownership. I now am on the chase of an E Gear or F-1 car to replace the 40, but a new car will never totally replace the thrill of a SPF GT-40..........

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I wonder if Dennis would work on a flappy paddle car :)

Post some pictures of your next acquisition when you find her. Good luck!

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Marshall,

Sad news indeed, but very fortunate that you have had the fortune and chance to experience and own such a great machine. Life is short, as many of us know, and living your dreams now is always better than dreaming about living them later. Have fun with your next toy, and keep living every moment to the fullest.

Mark

Marshall,

I am the proud new owner of #2183. I have had the car for a week now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have owned a lot of exotics, both new and old. I have to say that this is my favorite by far. I took it for a long (250 miles) trip through the foothills of the Ozark mountains on Saturday. It was absoultely thrilling. The handling and accelerating are superb. The car is in excellent condition and runs flawlessly. I just cannot say enough. Thanks so much for passing on the incredible vehicle. Dennis was excellent to deal with in the sale. He made sure the car was perfect prior to getting it transported to me. I am sorry to hear about your health issues necessitationg the sale of 2183. I hope you are able to find something that comes close to this car.

Attachments

• IMG039.jpg
    IMG039.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 414

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Marshall I am so sorry, we make adjustments through out life, this had to be a big one.

When you say Ozark Americana, where are you located? Are you in my neck of the woods near NW Arkansas where I live? Kirby Schrader, Kelly both have that color car, I think its awesome.

Thanks to all for the thoughts. I have been waiting quite a while for the stars to all fall into place to finally get one of these cars. I have wanted one for qutie a while, but the right car and letting one of my prized posessions go to make room only recently fell into place.

Kelly, silver was not my first choice, but now that I have the car and see it, I have to say I cannot immagine a better color. I was after one of the #1 Gulf cars. A good friend of mine here in town has one. I had lusted for that car, but that has come to a hault since this car arrived.

Dave, the flat black front bonet is vinyl. Dennis Olthoff had a shop do the project. The biggest issue was to find peices large enough to cover. they ended up doing 2 pieces - on for each side and bring the pieces up to the center black stripes. Not a bad look in that the original stripes break up all the flat black.

Jack, we are not far away from one another. I am in Joplin. I was dissapointed in not being able to join you and a couple of good friends of mine for a drive ya'll did about a year ago. I was on call and not able to leave town. NSXer is a good freind and is actually the one who talked me into this car. I would love to get together some time.

Steve, yes car is FE. I like it that way.

Thanks all and I look forward to a long and happy relationship with this car. I am becoing drawn to late 60's race cars. They are so much fun to drive on back country roads.

Best to all,

Steve

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Let me know the next time you want to go for a cruse, we will hook up and create our own private car show. :) Gravette is 45 minutes south of you, my business in is Noel.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
I know I am biased, but that's a very nice looking car!

Here's mine....
:laugh:

I had looked at doing the flat black hood, but had the same problem finding a big enough piece. Nice way of doing it by using the existing stripes.
Of course, now... if I do that, I'd need to remove the roundel and put on a new one afterwards.

Regards,
Kirby

Marshall,

I am the proud new owner of #2183. I have had the car for a week now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have owned a lot of exotics, both new and old. I have to say that this is my favorite by far. I took it for a long (250 miles) trip through the foothills of the Ozark mountains on Saturday. It was absoultely thrilling. The handling and accelerating are superb. The car is in excellent condition and runs flawlessly. I just cannot say enough. Thanks so much for passing on the incredible vehicle. Dennis was excellent to deal with in the sale. He made sure the car was perfect prior to getting it transported to me. I am sorry to hear about your health issues necessitationg the sale of 2183. I hope you are able to find something that comes close to this car.

Attachments

• gray-gt-40-2.jpg
    gray-gt-40-2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 218
Jack, I love the roads in your neck of the woods. I get down there quite a bit. In fact last Saturday, I drove down to Noel and the did Hwy 90. The above pic of my car is at the Hwy 71 and Hwy 90 intersection. I will not be free for a few weeks, but we need to plan to get together. I will get another owner to join us. A good friend has a SPF #1 MkII.

Kirby, you should consider doing the treatment to the front. I does transform the look of the car. The gold wheels really add also. But your car looks great just the way it is too.

Peace,

Steve

Back