SLC Laptimes?

Just curious as to what lap times at various track some of you guys have turned in your SLC?

I have been lurking for some time here but have never really seen lap times posted.

Thanks,

Douglas Wilks
TopSpeed Motorsports

The factory 01 car record is as follows. We've run four different tracks so far, with lap records at each one

Summit Point, WV, main course, 1:15.5, NASA Super Unlimited class lap record
Mid Ohio, Ohio, Pro Course, 1:26.9, NASA Super Unlimited class lap record
Autobahn Country Club, Full Course, 2:27, NASA ES (enduro) class record
Virginia International Raceway, Full course, 2:00, SCCA ITE class lap record (in enduro trim, would be much faster in normal NASA sprint trim)

Other tracks to be visited....

Just watched (you tube) Josh Hurley in a SL-C at VIR on the long course. Timed it via phone stopwatch and it looks like about 2:01 to 2:02. That's pretty quick - at that time he likely was seeing 165mph plus on that long straight after Oak Tree.

Sharkey

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Keep in mind that we only as fast as we needed to last season..to win the races we were entered in....

We never ran 100%...Ryan never felt he was maxed out...which is good for us but bad for our competition...as we have much more in the tank for this season too...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Doug....would love to talk with you about your ideas....always looking to work with guys/teams that want to go faster and further....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
PM sent

Vicki, my esteemed assistant...cant call her a secretary, is on vacation for a couple of days so phone coverage at the shop will be spotty as I have a some meetings...leave a message or call me on the PM number.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I saw the #18 car run 1:53 - 1:55 at Thunderhill in N Calif. The car was on it's first outing and was in full development mode. I am sure it would run sub 50s easy. My personal goal is to run my SLC there at sub 2 mins. That would be 15-18 sec faster than my GT40. After that I think I might be near the limmit of my talent.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I think the outright lap record at TH is in the low 30's. Full on pro F Alantic just before the series went out of business a couple of years ago.

The quickest time in testing ,over the top at TH is a 1.45...so far...:laugh:

Our expectation at VIR is sub 1.50's

Fran, what engine and transmission did these times? Was the transmission a sequential or a regular H-pattern? Paddle shift on sequential?

I think the outright lap record at TH is in the low 30's. Full on pro F Alantic just before the series went out of business a couple of years ago.

I think this is the all time track record.

<table border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#eeeeee">DSR</td><td bgcolor="#eeeeee">1:35.448</td><td bgcolor="#eeeeee">108.0</td><td bgcolor="#eeeeee">Chris Farrell</td><td bgcolor="#eeeeee">Salt Lake City UT, CA</td><td bgcolor="#eeeeee">2008 Stohr WF1</td><td bgcolor="#eeeeee">
3/11/2012

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ted, I saw that same list on the TH website. The current data comes from SCCA records and gets updated from time to time. A couple of years ago TH used to post thier own lap record list. I'm pretty certain that back then FA's were running at least a second faster than that DSR.

I was at a shared track day with the NORCAL shelby guys and a group of F Alantic cars 2 or 3 years ago, who were have a race there that weekend. I got a watch on several FA's running 32's and 33's. Thats damn fast. Nearly no lift into turn 1. God knows how fast a CART car would be there but in the day they ran at least 10 sec a lap faster than the FA cars that were part of the show back then.

Anything faster than 2 mins is really haulin ass, Sub 50's and 40's are so far beyond what amature's tipically do that it just blows my mind.

I have no doubt that #1 SLC for example on a full effort qualifing lap could get to the 40's range on race slicks. Jeeseeeeeeeeeeeee.... Thats a hell of a lot faster than needed for a fun track day car. R6's will be somewhat slower than say a modern DP tire but few track day customers will run full on race tires.

In the end it always comes down to tires.

In any case we will find all this out pretty soon. At least we will find out how fast I am in one on R6's. Watch my build log.

Tim, the #18 car is using a full on DP power train including a sequential GRBX.

Tim, the #18 car is using a full on DP power train including a sequential GRBX.
I think the #18 car is running an ex LMP1 engine out of a ~2000 Panoz and an Xtrac sequential transaxle.

There is some in car footage of Troy's laps on youtube.
Search: Troy Casteneda

Back