motor mounts

Has anyone tried using these motor mounts? They look like they may fit with out much work.

Attachments

• EngineMountComparison2.jpg
    EngineMountComparison2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Not sure of the dimensions of those mounts. These PFADT's were bolt ins.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 301

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Just to be clear - they may be "bolt-ins" for the newer chassis/engine mount arrangement but they are not direct bolt-ins for the earlier chassis that has fixed aluminum uprights that are designed to hard mount to the engine.

Dave L

Dave is correct. I made the mistake of answering Grant directly. I should have mentioned the fact that after I cut out the original aluminum cross member and installed the new adjustable steel one, the PFADT motor mounts are the same height as the aluminum engine mount uprights. Adding any of these urethane engine mounts will also require urethane bushings in adapter plate and gear box mount(s). Also consider exhaust mounting.

to use any poly mounts the steel crossmember is needed ...I will gladly provide one FOC to any of the earlier owners that want to cut out the solid mount and replace it with the steel unit...just contact me through the shop phone...

You will need the tall ones.
I measured my old aluminum upright and it was 2 29/32"(to be exact). The PFADT mounts are 2 7/8" mounted with engine weight.

Thanks Wayne, I was thinking of getting the short ones and adding a short spacer. It would give me some up and down adjustment if needed ? Not that .375" would be much adjustment lol.
Now for the trans mounts any ideas? I will be using the Ricardo.
Cheers,

You won't need any adjustment. Adapter plate lines up just fine. I bored the holes in the adapter plate to 1" and used four Delrin bushings. If you notice the adapter plated bracket cut with offset that was to move my motor forward a little (Not necessary). The ricardo bracket isn't welded up in these pics but you get the idea.

Fran thought I was nuts for urethane mounting my drive train. Unless you want ultra smooth, quiet and you're OCD like me, it probably isn't necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 246
Thank Again Wayne, I will be following your lead. I am building mine to be on the street most of the time. The potholes will send enough vibration through my body and Im getting old I like smooth.
Cheers,

Back