Help identifying part

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Pulled the pedal box back and found this bearing lying under it. Thanks

IMAG0343.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
After looking around it's a bearing cap for the steering shaft u-joint. Fortinately, it appears that after dropping this one in the footwell they did get another out to complete the installation. Seems lately that for every step I take forward making updates I end up taking two back after finding more things I dislike and want to upgrade or change. I think I have all the leaking brake fluid and bubbled paint on the chassis cleaned up and ready to repaint. If you have the original reservoir setup and ever pull the top access cover, you may not like what you find. Hoping to have it back together in a week or two and finally be able to enjoy it. I'll post some pics after while of some of the little mods I have done here and there.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Ha what I dislike the most is the brake fluid soaked chassis. Spent a lot of time cleaning, sanding, and repainting. Other than that its been a great experience.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike,

Since I installed the Girling canisters and SS braided teflon lines all is well.

Steve P2125

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I appreciate the ideas & help you have provided Steve. I'm getting close. Dennis is always a great help as well I just hate calling and bugging him with what's this fitting and how should I do that? I'm waiting on a couple more pieces and should be back together in the next week or two. I can't wait to finally get to enjoy it again!

HI Michael What did you use to clean up the Brake fluid ???? I just had the clutch Master Cylinder leak fluid in the foot well and had to replace it. Now I two need to repaint that area and know that unless completely clean the new paint will not hold. Thanks, Wally

Pat

Supporter
Try Brakleen brake cleaner. Get the kind that's non-chlorinated, it's available at most auto parts stores. Wear gloves, eye protection and be careful where you spray as it will remove brake fluid and PAINT!

Denatured alcohol is suggested for cleaning. I use when rinsing out plastic catch bottles when bleeding brakes.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Ha what I dislike the most is the brake fluid soaked chassis. Spent a lot of time cleaning, sanding, and repainting. Other than that its been a great experience.

I got off easy on that one (so far). And I like tinkering. So yes it's a definitely a great experience.

Back