Original MK II at Glen ?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Because it is a Mk II "B" it has the MK IV style dash and the rear clip hinges differently than a MK II"A". Note the cut-out for the spare tire that normally sticks out the back.

I have more pictures I will post later.

1047 last changed hands for 6.1 million..................

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
...rear frame to allow clip to be rotated fully backward.

What rear frame? :laugh: Oh you mean that vestigial thing bolted to the back of the transaxle? I think I have some metal cutting to do... Seriously though....

Rick --

I can't tell from the picture but is there any part of the subrframe that runs forward to the horse collar, or is it really attached only to the transaxle? I'd love to see a clear shot of that.

Also the front clip hinge, etc., would be useful to see; I sure wish I could do that with P2160... and would if I could see the details....

Also, who did the restoration?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Like this?

Yes, it just attaches to the T44...but that T44 is a sturdy hunk o' metal!

Attachments

• 1047h.jpg
    1047h.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 370

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Restoration by Bob Ash at Racing Icons. I must say it was an honor to have the car at our shared space.

Actually had one person look inside 1047 and say "Why Superformance has not done the interior correctly at all!" And another asked me how much? I told him I would take whatever he had on him! If you have to ask.................

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Actually had one person look inside 1047 and say "Why Superformance has not done the interior correctly at all!" ..

Yeah, they just designed their own right? Besides none of their Mk IIs have the right transmission anyway, so why bother getting the dash right? :stunned:

Wouldn't it be cool if SPF had a "Mk II Dash" option? Also, that seat!

I sure hope Mr. Ash will publish one of his typical pictorial restoration diaries.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Yeah, they just designed their own right? Besides none of their Mk IIs have the right transmission anyway, so why bother getting the dash right? :stunned:

Wouldn't it be cool if SPF had a "Mk II Dash" option? Also, that seat!

I sure hope Mr. Ash will publish one of his typical pictorial restoration diaries.

I don't think you want to sit on the passenger side for long.......

Back