Hyd.front lift

Hello,
Can any one tell me what spring is used with the front end lift kit.
I know it is a 2.5" x 7" tall but what is the lbs, factor.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Grant

I could have outdated information but I don't think so. The 7'' spring is the standard length, no lift kit. For a lift you will need a 4 inch spring or thereabouts, I do not know LBS via actual use - Someone else will need to confirm that number.

On a side note, can the lift kit be mounted in such a way so that it doesn't affect unsprung weight? Or am I miss-understanding how these work properly?

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
It's been some time since I've spoken to Fran about this but he assured me that the standard front springs will work fine with the lift kit. I'm hoping that's correct because I have the lift kit and standard front springs. Anyone know for sure?

Dave L

I don't see that working Dave. But you can test for yourself by setting the chassis up at the normal road going height (say 4 inches of ground clearance) and looking to see if there is enough room for the lift pad on the shock at that height.

Thanks Rob, Allan,
Sorry I had my stock 7" height still in my head should have been 4" so 600 lb is the weight factor, thanks again guys.

Dave, the stock 7" springs will pretty much go in to coil bind by the time you get them compressed. unless you have somthing different then I do?

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
600 by 4 inch is the required spring for front with lift kit...sorry Dave...may have misunderstood you.

Fran -

No worries - we talked over the phone about it quite a while ago and I probably got it wrong. Just add the shorter springs to my list. I'll send back the ones I have.

Regards,
Dave L

Anyone with pictures of it? Curious how it works as I am ordering the kit with it. Might be ordering here very soon as my Elise might be sold this weekend, so good news for Fran and Me or should I say Me and then Fran.

Anyone with pictures of it? Curious how it works as I am ordering the kit with it. Might be ordering here very soon as my Elise might be sold this weekend, so good news for Fran and Me or should I say Me and then Fran.

I've been trying to wait for someone from the SLC crowd to post, but here are a couple of pictures and a video of my car, to show how the lift works. I am using the RamLift Pro, which Fran sells. I'm from the GTM crowd, but I see an SLC in my not so distant future. So here you go. When I bought mine, Fran didn't have any in stock, but pointed me toward his supplier in order to buy direct...

As you can see in the pictures, the ram is fitted on the lower perch, below the spring. When it is activated, it pushes up on the spring, causing the shocks to extend, lifting the car. It gives me a couple of inches of lift at the nose.

The GTM normally uses 8" springs, but with the RamLift, I'm using 6" Eibach springs. The Shocks are Genesis Racing Shocks, uniquely valved for my car. Sourced by QRP (Quick Racing Products). The owner, Ted Harrison, happens to be a recent owner of a couple of SLC's. One coupe and one LeMans version.

DSC_1680-1.jpg

DSC_1679-1.jpg

Here's a short video that shows my car moving up and down my driveway and clearing the nose.

My GTM with RamLift Pro - YouTube

Hope this helps.

Mike

Last edited:
Makes sense to me now that I can see it.

BTW- Nothing against the GTM, but I am so glad I did not order one in the past now as I was on the list. The SLC is just so much sexier.

I've got more. Just let me know if you require more. I've also got photos of the pump and whatnot.

TROY: Did you sell your car on LT? I've always wondered what your car looked like (extras and everything).

Attachments

• ZA_800.jpg
    ZA_800.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 488
I put it up for sale like two days ago and think I have a buyer already so that is good. I only put it on LT so far. Pics are here Trueleo Lotus Products. I was debating on keeping it, but I only put 400 miles on it last year and have a dedicated race car for the track, plus the SLC project should be a lot of fun. Got to give up some things to get the SLC as I can not have everything, but life is good.

Nice car, and it looks like you and Chuforia got to know each other. Tastefully done striping.

Tough market dollar-wise huh? I got taken to the wood shed when I sold mine.

STIG: That exhaust note gave me a funny feeling in my trousers not unlike when I was climbing the rope in 5th grade gym class.:stunned: The lift really does make a huge difference, and I'm glad I purchased it. You wouldn't be able to get up the drive without it. Do you have any photos of how and where you mounted the hydraulic pump and associated parts?

Nice car, and it looks like you and Chuforia got to know each other. Tastefully done striping.

Tough market dollar-wise huh? I got taken to the wood shed when I sold mine.

STIG: That exhaust note gave me a funny feeling in my trousers not unlike when I was climbing the rope in 5th grade gym class.:stunned: The lift really does make a huge difference, and I'm glad I purchased it. You wouldn't be able to get up the drive without it. Do you have any photos of how and where you mounted the hydraulic pump and associated parts?

I used a complete custom Kooks header and exhaust system that was designed for the GTM. The warm and fuzzy feeling that you mentioned comes from the cross pipe and mufflers. I have the entire system ceramic coated.

If I'm not mistaken, Shane Vacek of V-Raptor Speedworks is working on having a similar system developed for the SLC. But I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty sure that he's a vendor here.

Roberto (Stage 7) also has some mean skills at manufacturing headers for the SLC.

PICT0009-1.jpg

DSC_0623-1.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

Dyno Run:

Here's a Dyno run that might give you a better sense of how it sounds when it's stretching it's legs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=eovwIUakKJo

RamLift Pro Pump:

The Ram Lift Pump was mounted on the driver's side frame wall at the control arm mounts. The pump reservoir is mounted on the block off panel behind the radiator.

RamLiftProPump.jpg

The system is activated by a toggle switch mounted on the console. I'll probably change it to a momentary switch though.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos. I'm looking for ideas on where to put mine, so your placement is quite informative.

Thanks for the photos. I'm looking for ideas on where to put mine, so your placement is quite informative.

You should get in touch with Roberto (Stage 7). He mounted his, on the opposite side wall of the front compartment. In this pic, you can see the pump and reservoir on the left side.

photobucket-20575-1338229742454.jpg

Mike

Back