The best driving in San Francisco since "Bullit"

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I love it...........................

I know they had the Bay Bridge closed for work on the new section over the Memorial Day weekend, I bet that is when they shot this.

Driving up Lombard Street!!

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Which was more compelling: the driving skill, the 650 hp AWD sequential-tranny car (Go-Cart Coupe), the closure of so many notable roads, the number and placement of HD cameras - both on, in and out of the car - not to mention the lonely coil-over camera, the part(s) that fell off the car when it jumped the summit of two streets, that fact that the tires never caught or stayed on fire, that the cable cars were part and parcel of the storyboard, that Travis was as crazy as the driver was, or that the event triggered a level two smog event, and that it all cost more than we might ever guess. Pretty freekin' bitchin' and truly one-of-a-kind, Glenn. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Robert,

Like I said, the Bay Bridge was closed for several days, some of the other shots were in the area around the bridge, which would have been empty without the bridge.

Additionally, although it is stiched together and appears to be all one day, it jumps all around the city. I'm guessing it was shot over several days.

As for the Cable Cars, if you look closely, those are not real Cable Cars, the have tires and are used for tourist tours.

Last edited:

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Robert,

Like I said, the Bay Bridge was closed for several days, some of the other shots were in the area around the bridge, which would have been empty without the bridge.

Additionally, although it is stiched together and appears to be all one day, it jumps all around the city. I'm guessing it was shot over several days.

As for the Cable Cars, if you look closely, those are not real Cable Cars, the have tires and are used for tourist tours.

Thanks Jim. Robert

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Yes fun to watch, but I have questions:

1. Does the film make any of you want to buy the shoes or a Ford Focus?
  2. With several laps practice in the same car, how much faster would a good rally or road-race driver be than this guy doing his drifting?
  3. How about Bud Elkins who did most of the original "Bullitt" Mustang driving?
  4. Does anyone else think drifting is basically stupid?
  5. Would a film of the permit negotations be more interesting?
I do admire the camera work.

I have never seen SF so empty, not one person looking out a window to see who the hell is making all the racket! And he did a number of the sections way more than once, notice Lombard was a one shot deal, and where the heck was the helichopter on Lombard? That would have been a great shot.

Alan, this stuff is all about the fun, and it was fun to see some loon rip around SF! Great fun to watch.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rob,

You know, i watched the film again, its not Lombard Street.

Lombard Street, which is not the crookedest street in the World, it's not even the crookedest street in San Francisco.

That title belongs to Vermont Street, on Potraro Hill, it's narrower and covered by trees, it looks like Vermont Street to me.

I think Lombard is bricks without trees.

Yes fun to watch, but I have questions:

1. Does the film make any of you want to buy the shoes or a Ford Focus?
  2. With several laps practice in the same car, how much faster would a good rally or road-race driver be than this guy doing his drifting?
  3. How about Bud Elkins who did most of the original "Bullitt" Mustang driving?
  4. Does anyone else think drifting is basically stupid?
  5. Would a film of the permit negotations be more interesting?
I do admire the camera work.

Alan,

You forgot:

6) if I drink Monster Energy drink, will I be able to drive like that too?

Back