*The 67 Holman and Moody GT40P MK IIB* - pre-departure for the 2012 Le Mans Classic

Robin Thompson from Art-Racing.com has some great outdoor shots of the 1967 Holman and Moody GT40P MK IIB gold #5 car. He took these right before the car left for the Le Mans Classic that occured last week. The gold color of this car is very unique.

Not 100% clear on the back story, but I understand it was born as a red car and raced by Dan Gurney in '66. Then was repainted the current gold color for 1967 campaign. It spent a large chunk of its life in in Japan and brought back to the states at some point.

Sorry, but don't ask me questions guys, this is all I know. I just wanted share the beautiful photos with others who will enjoy them...so enjoy!

art & racing

Re: *The 67 Holman and Moody GT40P MK IIB* - pre-departure for the 2012 Le Mans Class

That'll be 1047, which spent some time in our Club paddock and which will be the subject of a feature in the September edition of Fortyfication.

Re: *The 67 Holman and Moody GT40P MK IIB* - pre-departure for the 2012 Le Mans Class

got photos if you need them. In fact have several GT40 related galleries on the web site including the MK IV continuation series.

Back