SL-C Air Box

Hello
Anyone working on an air box, The picture Alex posted in another thread, of Craig's car looks pretty trick, Anyone have any info on this design or something different that works?
Cheers,

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Too many options with engines and packages to make a one size fits all....

We have a carbon box we made for the #18 race car...but again its pretty engine specific....

Your right Fran, It would be a nightmare and a full time job to design one for every configuration, the costs would be crazy.
I am very impressed with the design on Craigs car and would like to see how it was done, and how well it works, Hoping someone has more pic's of it.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
That grey car airbox was built to draw cool air as the engine was raised to accomodate an Albins transaxle...ther was no room to run an intake tube as on a standard height engine.
The car makes great power with a Katech engine....

the #18 car , below also draws air in through the rear deck with filters mouted just below the body surfacesurface...

Attachments

• DSCF2412.JPG
    DSCF2412.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCF2374 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF2374 [640x480].JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Thanks Fran, I haven't seen that one before, but I am looking for info on this one.

Attachments

• Craigs airbox.jpg
    Craigs airbox.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 510

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I already gave you info on the grey car ...ref. Albins transaxle above...

It was a one off also...and required the whole tail of the car being modified with two large air intake humps..

Last edited:
Sorry Fran I missed that on the first read, I see now what you are talking about now.
I r e a d it to f a s t
Thanks !

Back