SPF factory email address...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Is there an email address for the SPF factory itself?

I've Googled it every way I can think of and all I ever come up with email-wise is the Irvine 'address.

Thanks -

I forget the name of the company now. Someone here will remind me though. They are in South Africa. Whomever it is, they also make the Noble sportscars. Didn't they also have something to do with CAV in the early days? Also I read drecently that AC cars are having them build a continuation series Cobra?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I forget the name of the company now. Someone here will remind me though. They are in South Africa. Whomever it is, they also make the Noble sportscars. Didn't they also have something to do with CAV in the early days? Also I read drecently that AC cars are having them build a continuation series Cobra?

"HI-Tech Automotive (Pty) Ltd is a real local business located at Lockington Farm, Old Cape Road , St Albans, Port Elizabeth 6045, South Africa."

They make the Perana Z-One (or did, anyway) and Cobra replicas too...and I think they make other cars as well.

Anyway, there just doesn't seem to be an email address for the outfit.

'Very strange.

That's the one Larry. Until someone here comes up with the goods, try searching the forums regarding SPF. I remember many threads discussing the developement of the 40. Perhaps digging through all that you may find more info?

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi-Tech automotive are the manufacturers of the SPF or Superformance GT40. They also do the Daytona Coupe, the Noble and several other cars as well. They are based just outside Port Elizabeth in South Africa. Because they have appointed distributors for their products they do not deal directly with the general public. However some people have visited the factory, myself included.

I wrote a thread on my visit ...
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/25879-visit-hitech-south-africa.html

I contacted them by phone whilst I was in the area. They are very, very busy people with a large factory and about 500 employees so tend to discourage too much direct contact but Jimmy and his son Justin are great people and extremely knowledgeable and the factory is a really interesting place to visit.

Depending on what you want the best approach may be by phone or fax.
Tel 0413981300
Fax: 0413981390

Cheers
Mike

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi-Tech automotive are the manufacturers of the SPF or Superformance GT40. They also do the Daytona Coupe, the Noble and several other cars as well. They are based just outside Port Elizabeth in South Africa. Because they have appointed distributors for their products they do not deal directly with the general public. However some people have visited the factory, myself included.

I wrote a thread on my visit ...
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/25879-visit-hitech-south-africa.html

I contacted them by phone whilst I was in the area. They are very, very busy people with a large factory and about 500 employees so tend to discourage too much direct contact but Jimmy and his son Justin are great people and extremely knowledgeable and the factory is a really interesting place to visit.

Depending on what you want the best approach may be by phone or fax.
Tel 0413981300
Fax: 0413981390

Cheers
Mike

Thanks, Mike :cool:

Attachments

• Grand Sport.jpg
    Grand Sport.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 232

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Now that I'd like to see! Any links?

Corvette Grand Sport by Superformance

Hi-Tech builds the Superformance line of cars, they do the composite Cobras and the Daytona Coupe for Shelby, the Rossion (nee Noble) the AC 378 Zagato (nee Perana) as well as versions of the Superformance MK II ("Slabside") for AC Cars to distribute in Europe.

They have built other cars under contract including Speedway Motors all steel '32 Ford roadster, the Joule electric car prototypes and products for other distributors. They had a deal to build the MG V8 that went south when MG did and also a deal to build for TVR that also fell apart when TVR did.

There is a great deal of skill and talent in Port Elizabeth to draw on and Hi-Tech has some very skilled workers.

There are some other contract builds in the works that I am not privvy to.

Because they are a manufacturer and not a distributor/retailer they do not advertise the email contacts. They provide the product to Superformance LLC (USA) and they in turn distribute/service/sell the product. Unless I am instructed otherwise by the factory I am not at liberty to provide an email address for Hi-Tech.

My suggestion is to contact Lance at SPF LLC or if you don't want to do that, myself and I will forward through appropriate channels any concerns, suggestions, complaints, etc. I do not have a "magic" connection to the factory but do have a friendly relationship with some people there. This does not afford me any special treatment other than a cordial friendship with some people.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Corvette Grand Sport by Superformance

Hi-Tech builds the Superformance line of cars, they do the composite Cobras and the Daytona Coupe for Shelby, the Rossion (nee Noble) the AC 378 Zagato (nee Perana) as well as versions of the Superformance MK II ("Slabside") for AC Cars to distribute in Europe.

They have built other cars under contract including Speedway Motors all steel '32 Ford roadster, the Joule electric car prototypes and products for other distributors. They had a deal to build the MG V8 that went south when MG did and also a deal to build for TVR that also fell apart when TVR did.

There is a great deal of skill and talent in Port Elizabeth to draw on and Hi-Tech has some very skilled workers.

There are some other contract builds in the works that I am not privvy to.

Because they are a manufacturer and not a distributor/retailer they do not advertise the email contacts. They provide the product to Superformance LLC (USA) and they in turn distribute/service/sell the product. Unless I am instructed otherwise by the factory I am not at liberty to provide an email address for Hi-Tech.

My suggestion is to contact Lance at SPF LLC or if you don't want to do that, myself and I will forward through appropriate channels any concerns, suggestions, complaints, etc. I do not have a "magic" connection to the factory but do have a friendly relationship with some people there. This does not afford me any special treatment other than a cordial friendship with some people.

Thanks, Rick.:thumbsup:

Back