Parade Des Pilotes - Le Mans 2012

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Stephen,
nicely finished car with some nice individual details and I hope to see it in the flesh someday.
regards

Dave

Hi

At least I was there !! Where the hell was everyone else who said they were going to attend ? I like to think of my car as a tribute to the GT40. Its not an exact copy/replica, or whatever you want to call it, but I think it looks pretty good, it certainly sounds great and goes pretty good as well. I believe it stands proud and tall in its own right. As Ronnie keeps telling us, it has the right to exist for what it is. A Dax GT40 replica/copy/kit.

Stephen

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
Stephen,
Looks like a great event, would have liked to say in Europe after attending Goodwood. Thanks for sharing.

A little harsh Tom?

Stephen (and Mark)

That was harsh and not at all how I reacted to your car in Le Mans. In fact it was your car and the #16 GT40 in the Musee Des 24 Heures that inspired my GT40 purchase. Actually it was my wife's reaction to your car that afternoon that sealed the deal! Thanks for representing all GT40s at the event.

Hi Tom
Thanks for that. Glad you have now purchased a car. I am sure you will not be dissapointed. When I purchased my kit, back in 1991, I didn't really know much about GT40's. Whether I do now is debatable. I purchased the Dax from DJ Sportscars, known more for their wonderful Cobra's and Rush's. The reason I chose them was their attitude. They were fantastic. Whenever I had a problem, I would phone and they would help. I phoned on a couple of occasions to say a few bits were missing and they would put the bits in the post to me without any problem. Even now, probably 15 years after they sold the project, I am still welcomed by them. I make a point of saying hello on their stand at Stoneleigh each year. I occasionally send them pictures of the car from the various shows I attend, and I always receive a response from them.
I know now the car is a bit different to a number of the other kits about, but that does not worry me. The great thing is we each have our own thoughts and dreams of what we want to achieve. I am really pleased with what I have managed to achieve with my Dax. Bearing in mind I am no Engineer, but have been very lucky that some of my friends have a wealth of experience and knowledge which has helped me. I believe I have managed to build a car which is pretty good.
By the way, I am hopefully taking the car out on Sunday to a village near Le Mans for our car club's monthly get together. It will probably rain.
Regards
Stephen

Stephen,

It's great to here you've been able to enjoy the GT40 experience all these years. I fell in love with the GT40 back in 1966 when Ken Miles was driving one at Daytona, but never thought I'd ever be able to drive one, even a replica. I'm so looking forward to the delivery from RCR after the first of the year and then the build.

By the way, I'll be back at the Le Mans 24 Hour in 2014. Maybe we can get together.

Tom

Back