GMPP wiring harness

Where is the most popular location for the wiring harness and ECU? I've tried several positions, none worked oto great, but I think the majority use the rear firewall for both?

Also, are you guys opening up the wiring harness or using it exactly as is? I'm trying to avoid opening it up, I think I have to to route everything...

Your probably correct that most will place the ECU on the firewall driver's side. I haven't nailed down ( Uh...screwed down?) the position I will use yet. You will need to open the harness to get sufficient length for many of the connectors.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
You have flipped the intake. The MAP sensor, MAF sensor and throttle body connectors need to be relocated in the harness. If you are using the EVAP then the purge solenoid connector is relocated too.

I put the computer on the inside frame of the passenger side and the fuse box down low on the pass. side in front of the gas tank. Right around the corner of the computer.

IMGP1904.jpg

I don't know how anybody uses this harness without chopping it open - I ripped open the whole thing. Much easier to work with and route that way! :idea:

wire1-2.jpg

Back