Bench bleeding master cylinders in the car

Alex, go to Summit Racing and get a brake system bleeder that pressurizes at the master cylinder. I think it was around $140.00 or so. It clamps on to the mastercylinder and you pressurize the cylinder then go through the proper sequence for bleeding. It is the best way you will get the brakes bled and will be much faster and a better job. Also get the highest temp fluid you can find, DOT 5 600 deg is what I would recommend.

Alex, go to Summit Racing and get a brake system bleeder that pressurizes at the master cylinder. I think it was around $140.00 or so.
I had a cheap kit in the UK that used the spare tyre to pressurise the master cylinder. I don't know if they're available here though.

You guys are no fun - it's more more exciting to curl up into a little ball and wedge yourself under the dash to get to the master cylinders, holding the brake pedal down with one hand and bleeding with the other .... it makes you feel like you're working on an OEM car since the rest of the car is easy peasy to access :drunk:

Back