SLC Windshield Cut-Out

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I know there was something posted some time ago about how much of a flange should be left around the perimeter of the windshield. I've tried the search function and looked through numerous build threads and it appears many (all?) SLC's are being delivered with the cut-out done. Zoey sent me some pictures of his SLC and it appears to have a consistent width flange around the perimeter of 3/4"-1". I want to cut the windshield opening on my SLC this weekend - I thought something had been posted that the lower flange should be wider but I could be totally wrong - this isn't something I want to screw up. What is the correct flange width?

Thanks,
Dave L

Dave, nobody is jumping in here. The flange on Wayne's car is 3/4" overall and up to 1" in the corners (slightly rounded corners). Cut at RCR.

I'm thinking that 3/4" all around would be sufficient.

Dave, sorry I missed this post.

3/4 is fine....if the flange is too long then the windshield does not sit down into the reveal....ask Alex...wink

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys - I appreciate the info. Fiberglass is very forgiving but I like the old adage - measure twice, cut once!

Dave L

Dave, sorry I missed this post.

3/4 is fine....if the flange is too long then the windshield does not sit down into the reveal....ask Alex...wink

Pretty sure flange length is irrelevant if the windshield itself extends onto the door :p

Thanks guys - I appreciate the info. Fiberglass is very forgiving but I like the old adage - measure twice, cut once!

Dave L

It may be forgiving, but sure ain't no fun rebuilding it because of ones own stupidity :D

Back