First day of sorting out the new SL-C

I am the very fortunate guy to get the SL-C that went thru the Monterrey auction sale. I must say, I am very very impressed with the quality and design of the SL-C. These cars gained my attention by the 01 SL-C car's outstanding performance in the NASA races last year. I have been following the car ever since, and first chatted with Fran last December about making a similar race car.

I got a chance to let this new car ( it really is completely brand new) stretch out its legs at Miller Motorsport over this last weekend. The SL-C is certainly a very pleasant leap forward in true race car design from the Porsche Cups and Audi R8's that I have been using.

The goal of my team and I is to have the car ready for racing in the Spring. I want to thank everyone here at this forum for making such an intelligent and friendly information source on these wonderful cars. Your hard earned knowledge now makes it so much easier for the likes of me to move forward with confidence. I look forward to many new chats with the good members here, as well as many future actual meetings.

1_photo_z__Medium_.JPG

1_photo_c__Medium_.JPG

Welcome, Miller is a great track, like the 4 mile version the best myself. I think the car had like almost zero miles on it. I visited it being built and I can say the guys that built it did a quality job, ex-nascar mechanic, current off road trophy truck fabricator. Car should be well suited to track use given the background of those who built it.

Not that the engine (if I remember a pretty healthy engine) is broken in yet, but how fast did you get the thing going on THAT looong straight? :) Looking forward to hearing about your future experiences.

Cheers

Welcome! I love to see another track guy on the boards. let me know if I can help in anyway with your track setup or anything else you might have a question on.

Are you going to race it in NASA?
Yes. I am thinking it will be another three years before we start talking seriously about a SL-C race series.

But the truth is that about 75% of these SL-C's will end up as pure race cars. The SL-C, above all else, is a full race chassis. My guess is that over 75% of the SL-C's second or third owners will take their car into a full race function. Maybe Fran could design a "pre-series foundation" option package that would include the basic necessities for an easier full race transition? This should help in focusing a higher resell value on those 'pre-race series' equipped cars.

Anyway,.. I absolutely love this SL-C.

John welcome to SL-C ownership, you have one of the most talked about SL-C cars out there. I am glad you found out what Sl-C ownership is all about, it is an awesome car and a lot of fun to drive. I wish you luck in the track days and hope you all the best in racing. That is a real good looking car you got, well built from what everyone is saying.
Bob D

great car, I have read about it afew times also. Please post a video of running it around a road corse. enjoy it in good health

Will Miller tend to be your home coarse? We do quite a bit of business out there with Air Power Racing and Les Long. I think that you will find a great resource there should you need anything. I hope to meet you in person some time and see this car up close and personal.

Let me know if I can be of any help to you now as well as into the future.

Erik Johnson
GBox LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

Hey Erik, the car is at Air Power. I've been a sometimes customer with Les for years. ( I am also a member at Spring Mtn.) Actually I met you at the High Plains Raceway track a couple of years back during some Porsche races. Les is both excited over the SL-C like a child with a new toy, but also wishing he knew more about GM engines and such. One of the pics in my post was with Les driving the car. Miller Motorsport has become a regular base for NASA racing, so the car should fit perfectly there.

Erik, please call Les and tell him some good things about the SL-C. It will make my life much easier for sure. LOL Some of these hardass race veterans like Les, will bleed only Porsche forever!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
John...another Miller track guy , Mr Collier, may be stopping by to see you this weekend at the track...he is also interested in an SL-C and wants to check yours out...

Fran, just tell him to ask at the front gate for directions to Air Power Racing.
He is very welcome to come by. Both Les and I are away for the weekend, but a mechanic will be there. The car is up on jax right now. I should be there on Monday.

Back