I'm sorry if its on here but I cant find it. What motor was used in the slc racecar?

I'm sorry if its on here but I cant find it. What motor was used in the SLC racecar that won nasa in 2011? Thanks

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Re: I'm sorry if its on here but I cant find it. What motor was used in the slc racec

LS3 based engine.....its all about a balanced package..

Re: I'm sorry if its on here but I cant find it. What motor was used in the slc racec

LS3 based engine...and a lot less powerful than many of our customers street cars...its all about a balanced package..

Oh, ok. Yeah, I've noticed that an ls motor is highly recommended, so I should have assumed it was one of those. I know when your racing its not all about power, you need reliability as well. I've been hovering around the forums and contemplating on buying an slc or slr for a while, but the economy isn't the best so I can't seem to force myself to buy one, but hopefully I'll get enough saved up soon to get started. Thanks for the quick response!

The great thing with the LS style motors is the versatility. You can start with a $300 junkyard 5.3 and get the car running and driving while you build/buy a much nicer motor...Then just bolt the new one in when you're ready.

Here's a junkyard 5.3 with a cam, ported stock heads and some nitrous in my buddy's 3000lb car. Went 9.70s @ 142ish in the 1/4 mile and never skipped a beat. LS1 Mustang Swap on Nitrous - YouTube

Back