New supercars - money required, taste optional‏

Hi all

I've just been reading about the Tushek Renovatio T500 on Pistonheads. Quite interesting that they are trying to sell these for £240k. It's basically a fancy version of a £20k kit car. Seems there is a whole raft of new supercars coming on the market at the moment by small production companies. Apologies upfront, some of these cars are not for the faint hearted

Melkus RS2000 - £120k 2litre sports car
Spano GTA - £500k
Savage Rivale Roadyacht GTS - £200k, think I was just sick in my mouth
Furtive-eGT -£300k, looks like a Hyundai coupe
Veritas RS III - £300k
Ronn Motor scorpion - £150k
Hyperion Roadster - £420k
Hispano Suiza is £700k and based on a Audi R8
Rimac concept one - Cool looking electric supercar but again £700k

Seems like these cars are selling for amazing amounts of money but I can't understand who is buying them. Is it a case of people just wanting to have something even more unique than the latest Lamborghini or Ferrari and what are your thoughts on some of these?

Trev

and most of these cars are offered thru a company in Monaco. So we know who these are being marketed to. The Monaco Superyacht show just finished and it is a well known fact that having money doesn't necessarily mean that you have any taste...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Not enamored with any of those creations. The Hispano Suiza in particular I find uniquely repulsive.

One has to wonder if any of these folks ever showed renderings of their cars to anyone and asked their opinion of the car's looks before creating a prototype. Me thinks not.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
One has to wonder if any of these folks ever showed renderings of their cars to anyone and asked their opinion of the car's

And then there's the "lost in translation" aspect of product naming: "Savage Rivale Roadyacht???" That comes close to beating two of my all-time favorites: "Datsun Fairlady Z" and "Tohatsu Runpet"

Back