Gtd t70

Does anyone have any info on these cars? I have come across one that is for sale that looks pretty good. How might it compare to T70s being made now such as that from RCR? thanks in advance for the replies.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I saw this car for sale on the Race-cars.com site .

Its the same kind of package as the GTD GT40 and can be made to be a pretty good car..
The RCR70 is a different animal being monocoque construction and fully heim jointed , as standard.
My cars are designed to be able to house multiple transaxle options also... the GTD is pretty dialed in to using a Renault UN1 as standard....although the one listed has a 930 I think...

I think its a little pricey at 110k though....that would buy you a beautiful, brand new RCR70...and then some.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Price - Quality - Performance

99% of the time you only get to pick two...

Call Fran...

Ron Earp

Admin
The RCR T70 Spyder I owned is heavily documented on this site. Have a look around at the various build, race, etc. threads from that car. It was an extremely capable track/race car and it had a street plate and title as well. I'd highly recommend the car to someone looking for a T70 Spyder.

UTCC%202011small.jpg

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Yep, as Ron says -- an exceptionally good handling little beast (Chev LS6 / 930trans)

Attachments

• RCR T70 at Leyburn 2011.JPG
    RCR T70 at Leyburn 2011.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 470

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
FYI...very similar chassis on our coupe and spider cars....also some pics of our three piece T70 style wheels we make in house....available in almost any width too

Attachments

• DSCF1802.JPG
    DSCF1802.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF1803.JPG
    DSCF1803.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCF1804.JPG
    DSCF1804.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 405

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Here are some pics of a very pretty RCR70 that lives in California....and belongs to forum member John Coombs

Attachments

• rcr Lola%201.jpg
    rcr Lola%201.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 500
  • Lola%202.jpg
    Lola%202.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 561
  • Lola%204.jpg
    Lola%204.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 506
  • Lola%205.jpg
    Lola%205.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 505
Ron, I have followed the sale of your car an dread that thead with interest.

Great looking Spider, Scott.

Fran, that T70 looks awesome!!

Fran,

for future reference, can those T70 wheels be built to accommodate a standard 5 lug bolt pattern? Can't recall my exact bolt diameter, somewhere around 105mm?

Tom

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Tom...of course no problem

These is a lot to take into account though when packaging the wheels...back spacing obviously but caliper and rotor clearance can catch you our pretty quickly...

I know from recent experience mounting a set of Stoptechs on an SL-C,that even with some one piece 18 " rotary forged wheels, the rim thickness itself can be an issue...the Forgestar has a much thicker hoop than the CCW and caliper clearance is an issue...

Last edited:
Back