SLC 2nd drive

As a promise to Mr. Mesa I had to post a video.

I guess I need to raise my ride height. The crossover muffler gives the LS a unique sound.
This is an LS376/480 with a ASA cam. I had it tuned this week, the base line was 434RWHP after 3 more pulls I left with 483.89 RWHP 439.4 Torque and approx 568.83 at crank.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGwdnlX0-gY&feature=plcp"]SLC 2nd run - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZlR_4cg05E&feature=channel&list=UL"]SLC 2nd run_B - YouTube[/ame]

Well done mate...
you have the track splitter on the car correct....which is also 2 inches lower than the street one...
Time for a lift kit...

You didn't have to post a vid - you needed to send ME a vid!
Kids. :rolleyes:

Sounds nice (I played the acceleration bit over and over!).... Running really low there buddy, looks good but I suspect you will need to raise her up a taste. I see the neighbor was out Smart Phone-ing your run too.

Back to the shop - I am way behind you... I test fitted the actual final delivered version SC on my engine last night. I suspect mine will not sound quite the same as yours :)

Last edited:
Sounds great!!! Hearing that splitter grind is like getting punched in the gut. I like the side vent modifications as well. Keep up the great work! ;)

That is awesome. Good color choice too! :)

I'm eager to see what mine will dyno at - I've read the LS376/480 is good for 470-490RWhp (as yours is) once tuned, and that the /525 is good for around 500-520RWhp. Under-rated engines are awesome :thumbsup:

Would you believe that I have a front lift kit on the car. I guess I should pick up the pace and plug in the relays. DUH!!!
Alex, the car is going to be painted, that's gelcoat. The paint is a combination of Lambo colors and you'll have to wait to see it.

Would you believe that I have a front lift kit on the car. I guess I should pick up the pace and plug in the relays. DUH!!!
Alex, the car is going to be painted, that's gelcoat. The paint is a combination of Lambo colors and you'll have to wait to see it.

You better paint it white - white is the only acceptable color, haha :D

Yellow stands out so all the police get a good look as you go by, you want them to look and just cuss because I am not going fast enough to pull me over, well maybe next time. Sounds good, put a rub rail under the splitter so it will rub on wood not fiberglass, I raised mine but every once in a while it still rubs.

Wow, nice! Congrats. I'm amazed you're getting almost 600hp out of a pretty damn durable crate engine. No SC, no Turbos. That lopey cam sounds bad-ass with the x-exhaust. I'm trying to remember if you have cats on there? do you have the street tail?

I remember those days with no rear clip, no windows/windshield. it's like driving a go cart....

Sounds great and looks great. Good job. I see these videos and get so excited to get mine. It sure does look good in white. Now those are some really good Hp numbers. What is the expected drive train loss with a g50? I see 15-20%, but maybe it is better than that.

Thanks guys.

Cam, no cats, street tail and I agree the idle sounds great. Oh, the A/C belt has stayed on too. (so far)

Troy, some tuners say 12-13% my guy said rule of thumb 15%. Either way the car is plenty fast.

Next video I'll have suspension set up properly and lift kit hooked up.
I'm scheduled for a track day at Daytona in December with the Ferrari club. I'll remove the lift kit for the track day, I'm sure it would coil bind on the banking. I'm also adding fender vents and canards.

Magnaflow.
I am also using two 6" round magnaflows.
They quiet it down a lot and improves the note. I think I accomplished my goal of losing that V8 drone with the cross over.

Nice vids! That's the one thing this car lacks in respect to its exposure so far; video easily found on the internet.

Back