Roll Cage Mounting

Hey Guys...

I'm in the process of mounting my roll cage to the chassis. Per Jack's instruction...I picked up some grade 8 bolts and ny-lock's. But, I'm having trouble positioning it so I can drill holes and mount it.

Shouldn't the roll cage be centered in the car? If I have to center the cage on the chassis...I'll have to move it to one side quite a bit. The cage is on very snug, so I know it hasn't moved since I removed the body, and it's off center by a lot.

Below are the measurements I'm looking for. Should my A's, B's, and C's be equal on driver's and passenger's sides?

measure1.jpg

measure2.jpg

Make sure you have the body sitting ontop of the car and located,also the doors swinging/attached prior to bolting down the roll cage....if not you may find that you have the rollcage in a location that bumps into the underside of the body and prevents it lining back up...the tolerances are pretty tight in some areas...so its actual position is determined by the body not the centerline of the car...

Keep in mind that the driver sits closer to the centerline of the car as the driver compartment is 2 inches wider than the passengers .....

Last edited:
Thanks Fran. I just have to move the car around a bit next week, and I wanted to make sure everything was snug. I'll go ahead and leave it alone until final assembly and bodywork/paint.

So...is it safe to assume then, that these measurements are unique to each car?

I think what you will find is that the cage will be unique to your build just because it needs to fit the body so snuggly. I think it will fit just right once you get the body mounted. Then do the cage and you can take the body back off if you need to.

Back