Steering wheels

Hello,
Just looking to see what some of you have found or will be using for the steering wheel ? I was looking at a Momo Mod 30 no one around here has anything like this so I am hoping someone could let me know if they had one in there hands and if if it was a good fit for the SL-C.
Thanks
Grant

Can you post picture? Is it this one? If so....it's off the hook!

Attachments

• mod_30.jpg
    mod_30.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Keep in mind that 6 bolt wheels will not work with the factory supplied 5 bolt wheel quick connect.

I'm probably going to buy a Sparco "Ring" wheel shortly with a NRG Innovations quick connect 2.5 and Pfadt adapter.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Its needed because the quick disconnect that is used on all RCR/Superlite cars is a 5 bolt design and the MOMO steering wheels are 6 bolt attachments..

Its needed because the quick disconnect that is used on all RCR/Superlite cars is a 5 bolt design and the MOMO steering wheels are 6 bolt attachments..

But why does he need the Pfadt adapter if he's also using the NRG adapter? Doesn't the NRG adapter connect straight to the column?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The NRG is simply a quick connect that has a 6 bolt pattern for the wheel. You must have a hub that bolts to the steering column already to use it. The Cadillac XLR column is unique in the fact the spline size is only used on two GM models. The C6 Corvette and XLR share the same size spline. The Pfadt hub is the only aftermarket hub that will bolt on to the XLR column. Frans quick connect is unique because what he supplies is adapted already to the XLR column. Two problems are: You can only use a "5 bolt" pattern wheel and secondly you can't have a horn button in the middle of the wheel. The NRG quick connect has two pins in eather side of the quick connet that touch when the unit is connected for a horn.

It gets very expensive fast to change to a different wheel. Pfadt hub is $150, NRG quick connect $125, Sparco, OMP or Momo whels are about $240.

Back