Ford GTs chase GT40

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Met up with some friends and headed up the canyon to Estes Park for lunch. The sun was out and the roads were clear. Only two more weekends left in the season before putting the cars up for the winter. Lots of plans for the GT40 this winter once it goes up on the lift.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGZH47PC7PU&hd=1]Ford GTs chase GT40 - YouTube[/ame]

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
2012101400.jpg

2012101401.jpg

2012101402.jpg

2012101403.jpg

2012101404.jpg

2012101405.jpg

great pictures, also what a nice road...
were you not afraid of rock avalanches when driving with such rumbling/loud/vibrating car through those rocky roads? :D

in the Netherlands most is as flat as a pancake...not many far seeing points or mountains to look at...you guys are blessed with such roads.

and euh, what are your plans with the car, can you point some out?

I love those 'lunch' drives to the mountains!

We were in Estes Park a few weekends ago after spending 3 days in Grand Lake with the Cobra club. Headed home through Rocky Mountain State Park. What a blast but you had to watch your speed with all the Park Rangers and cyclists on the road.

Thanks for posting!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, we need to meet up some time. The Ford GTs guys would drool over your 40 just like they do mine. Are you on the front range?

Mike,
I've been sequestered in the man cave the past couple of months after finishing up a little work in AFG. My 40's not finished yet, far from it, but I'm finally making headway. I'm in Parker so not far from you.

The weekend looks great (in the 80's) so I plan to take a break and head out with the Cobra, maybe take a drive south towards Cripple Creek (stop at the Fossil Beds in Florissant) then head back home through Deckers and Pine, or do the Jessica Benefit Cruise on Sunday with about a 1000 or so cars and bikes (leaving from Quaker Steak). Sitting on the fence with that one...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Let's touch base if you wouldn't mind the company. This weekend and next will be my last before the car goes up the hill to the house for the winter. I intend to put some miles on it.

Very nice Michael, looks like it was a fantastic day. Your '40 looks like the most fun of of the bunch.....

Enjoy those next two weekends!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I'll bet the "GT" guys pee just a little when they hear the 40's exhaust note.........................

'Depends on the particular "GT guy" and what HIS car sounds like. There are many unbelievably nasty sounding FGTs out there. :thumbsup:

Good Show - reminds me of when 3 Ford GT's tried to molest my Yellow GT40 !

:chug:
:chug:

Attachments

• Car Show - Duncan Donuts 007.jpg
    Car Show - Duncan Donuts 007.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Car Show - Duncan Donuts 008.jpg
    Car Show - Duncan Donuts 008.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Car Show - Duncan Donuts 009.jpg
    Car Show - Duncan Donuts 009.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Car Show - Duncan Donuts 012.jpg
    Car Show - Duncan Donuts 012.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 031.JPG
    Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 031.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 033.JPG
    Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 033.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 034.JPG
    Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 034.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 036.JPG
    Car Show - Dunkin Donuts 036.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 220

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
'Depends on the particular "GT guy" and what HIS car sounds like. There are many unbelievably nasty sounding FGTs out there. :thumbsup:
But most sound like neutered sewing machines :lipsrsealed:

Excellent pictures John!

Back