Ricardo shifter cable mounting bracket

Hello I am in need of the shifter cable mounting bracket for the Ricardo Ford GT. I have been to the dealership and they weren't able to find the part in their system I am hoping it is stamped into the part if some one could tell me what the part number is or if you have a detailed drawing that I could make one from, I would be greatly appreciative. The part I am looking for is shown in black in the pic.
Thanks,
Grant

Attachments

• Ford GT transaxle.jpg
    Ford GT transaxle.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 400
Are you also using the Ford GT shifter and cables? If not, I doubt that the bracket will do you much good. If you're using aftermarket shifter and cables, most likely you'll have to make up your own brackets to work with the new cables.

That should have come with your transaxle? I took a peek at mine and don't see any part #, but it may be in an area you can only see if you remove it.

Thanks Shane, I am using a shifter from cable shift. So if it is a custom piece made by RCR could some one who has one send me a picture of one with some measurements so I could make one.
Cheers,
Grant

Have you checked with Cable Shift? They are a really nice bunch of guys, and are currently making a bracket for my shortened G50/20

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Fran has special ones made up for the Ricardo. He owes me one too as well as a clutch, fly wheel and throw out bearing.

Fran has special ones made up for the Ricardo. He owes me one too as well as a clutch, fly wheel and throw out bearing.

? Mine looks exactly like the one in the Ford GT pictured above. The top of it is trimmed slightly though to accommodate the roll cage.

Grant, I have found out that the Ford parts department does not carry all the parts and part numbers for the GT but the Ford GT mechanic can access a data base and get part numbers that are not available. Try finding a GT mechanic he may be able to get the part number. I also had to modify my mount to get it in, was not bad though.

Back