A long time coming

I have been waiting for this week for many years. I have been looking into and planning on building a car for many years I have always been drawn to the supercar type looking into a Noble M12, modifying a Acura NSX, and more recent the GTM that was until a great friend of mine was watching Stacy David and told me you have got to see this car of course he was talking about the
SL-C. Once I did I new this was the car it turns out they were going to be racing the 01 car in Joliet, IL. This track is only a little more then an hour from us so we made the trip down. Fran and the guys spent hours talking with us answering all of our questions they were great and I was hooked. A few months later we visited Fran at his shop and ordered the car.

I have grown up in a family full of mechanics. My dad owned a shop for most of his life and built many cars. We have always been interested in racing and raced ourselves for many years. Those were some of the best years of my life as few things can replace the memories I had with my dad. We had always talked about building a car together, unfortunately a few years ago my dad passed away from cancer. Losing my dad and one of my closest friends was and still is incredibly difficult. He will certainly be missed on the build and in my life. I took a little different path in my life and did not follow the family business of auto repair and opened up a home building / remodeling company when I was 22. So working on and building cars is certainly not something I have done much in my life. With the help of my great friend Dave who turned me on to the SL-C and all of the incredible talent I have been reading about on this forum I think I can get through this build, I hope.

Sorry for the long story but this has been a long road and I am very excited. The last part of the story is about my beautiful wife and my two beautiful children. Last year while pregnant wih our daughter my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer talking about turning your life upside down. After chemo, surgeries, radiation, and many long days and nights she is cancer free and my daughter is a 1 1/2 year old beautiful healthy little girl. Having faith in God, great friends, and family around got us through the most difficult time in our lives. She has been very supportive of this build and with my 5 1/2 year old son, my friend Dave, and I hope a lot of you guys I can build this awesome car.

Welcome Todd!

As a radiologist and one who reads mammography as part of my practice, I am very happy that your wife has been a success story! As a SL-C builder, I wish you the best in your new project, one that I'm sure your father would have loved to contribute to the build.

Doc Kaler

Welcome aboard Todd!

Tells us what this car is going to look like and what parts you are planning to use to make your car speacial.

Thanks a lot guys. Will probably go with LS3, would love to do a LS9 but I have a little time to decide. The car will be red, street tail with black wheels. Will be built for the street but I am sure it will end up at track at some point.

Back