2013 Daytona 24 Hour get together

I am interested in getting all the SLC cars to the Daytona 24 hour coming up in 2013. I think it will be a great time to show fellow SLC owners your car and we can compare notes on how things are done to see the various ways we have gone about assembly. Let me know what everyone thinks, maybe Fran can come down put up a tent, have a SLC designated parking area, etc. I have been talking to all you guys on the forum and would love to put a face to the name. Looking forward to getting this done.The race is January 26, 27.
Bob D

Bob,

That would be a fun event to attend. Regrettably, I'm "on call" that weekend and I would have to bring a trailer for my partially finished car and it's parts!!

That would be awesome if this happened!! Though My SLC is in storage and will be for another 10 months before I can get time to put it together. I will be in the states during that time on R&R, and I'm not too far away from Daytona.

I won't have my car finished either...but I'll probably be there this year. My brother lives in Daytona, and I'm only 45min away. Hope to see you guys there...

I am going to be there and hope we can get others to show up, so we can compare notes. No input from Fran about this get together I see so far, maybe he hasn't seen the thread but would love to see RCR do some marketing there so people can see there are some neat cars on the street just like what is on the track.
Bob D

I will be there to support Ryan Ellis as he is racing again in Grand Am ST for the championship winning I -moto team again in 2013

Having already talked with a few of my pro race buddies about hooking up ,an SLC gathering would be cool too...

I dont plan on working while I am there though so I will not be bringing any cars with me....I enjoy a break every now and again to simply enjoy the racing...and exercise my right arm whilst holding a beer or two.

Last edited:
Fran was Ryan one of your drivers for the 13 hour race at VIR? I will see you down there and hope someone else shows up for the race too with the SLC. I too would love to bend a few

Would really enjoy the racing as well. And the 12 oz arm curls really sound good with Fran and other SL-C guys. The last Race of the sanction, hell maybe get a banner to take home !

I plan to attend as well. I'll be there on Sunday 1/27. Depending upon my commitments in Ft Lauderdale, I might even make to the track Saturday 1/26 evening.

Pat

Supporter
I go every year. Be sure to attend the historic race Saturday morning. They normally have some incredible machinery there. If there is someplace for everyone to meet, it would be fun to chat GT40 stuff and catch up.

Attachments

• 100_3274.JPG
    100_3274.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_3267.JPG
    100_3267.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 275
  • GT40 5.jpg
    GT40 5.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 253
I have got my tickets, a place to park the motorcoach in turn 1 and 2 outside the track and will have the car there. I will take it in, talked to the ticket guy and he said I should be able to get it in the track around the speed bumps. I am going to Roebling Road Friday for a track day then to Daytona Friday night, if anyone wants to be on the track Friday let me know. I don't know where yet but you will not be able to miss the SLC, its yellow.

I have got my tickets, a place to park the motorcoach in turn 1 and 2 outside the track and will have the car there. I will take it in, talked to the ticket guy and he said I should be able to get it in the track around the speed bumps. I am going to Roebling Road Friday for a track day then to Daytona Friday night, if anyone wants to be on the track Friday let me know. I don't know where yet but you will not be able to miss the SLC, its yellow.

I take it you're done repairing it then?

The car is repaired enough to get it out. We still need to do a little more work on the fiberglass where it was wrecked but everything else is good to go. Can't wait to get it out on the track at Roebling Road in a coupe of weeks before we go to Daytona.

If everyone else is going, I'm going too! I haven't been there before so how about a little help. Do you buy tickets to a particular seat or do you just walk around? I still haven't read a set time and place to meet. Does anyone want to set up? Bob?

Feel free to post or e-mail me with helpful advice and I'll see you guys when I get there.

Back