SL-C Hinged Window Question

Can someone post some close up pics of the hinged window, specifically from the inside? I have seen a few threads that talked about them, a few even had some exterior pics of cars with them. The description of them seems pretty simple but I am curious to see them up close from the inside.

I think the only option is full window or partial window (i.e., not hinged, just half a window)

Or be l33t like me and don't use any windows :)

Ok, too bad. I also read about a few guys thinking about putting a "helicopter" style sliding window to have a closeable window option. After I read it I remembered the windows on the Subaru SVX from back in the '90's......

687755807.JPG

Hmmmm, I wonder if.......... :idea:

James, look at post #6..
I mocked them up with some GT40 hardware, not worth the effort. Not very pretty either. They'll not open very far. Better to go with the full windows or the partial ones and leave it like that. Don't think that any weather would be a great issue.

I remember seeing a guy pass me with his F430 and his hand sticking out the access vent area. What about something like this, just maybe smaller to access at toll booths or if pulled over by the cops. I would think this should work and not be all that hard to do. If designed right rain should not get in I would think and a little latch inside would keep it safe-ish.
2446-1.jpg
poh, not that it will ever happy.
f40window.jpg

Those windows are very flat with a fairly constant surface...the SLC has a very compound curved window...I will be interested to see what you come up with Troy.

My plan, as of now and we all know how plans change once we start, is to only make the vent about 1/2 or 1/3 the size of the F430 one above. Really just a small vent to stick my hand out as needed at tolls and things like that. Trying to keep it simple

I was thinking this. Make a copy of the curve and form a buck. Foam with bondo over it and then prime and paint to keep it simple. Heat up plexi in oven or even heat gun to get it soft and lay it over. I curved some plexi for my chump car and it worked ok with heat gun. This small piece and small curve should be fine. Then cut out as needed when done and make some plexi sliders. As the window moves back it would move out and away from the back portion so the curve would work and be uniform when closed and still work. Make it so it is larger the hole and overlap to keep water from getting in when closed.

I was going to do all the above and make sure it works and slides well before cutting the window. I do not want to buy another window and if the idea fails then at least I tried something that works. If it does work then I can make some more from the buck for almost nothing.

Time will tell, I have a ton to do before I get to this.

Troy,

Looking at your idea, another potential option that might save you some fabrication time, but not necessarily the cheapest option, would be to buy a vented side window from Fran and also get the "cutout" piece that RCR removes when they make the vented window. That way you will have a piece of the window that also conforms to the shape of the whole window.

This of course assumes the vented windows start life as a standard window that is then cut at the factory. Not to mention it brings with it its own set of fabrication challenges.

Hello
if this can give some idea ;
this is what I fit on both sides of my carbon ultralight canopy ( which is quite curved)
these where on my kit but I think they can be sourced at Mecaplex ( swizerland supplier ??)

Attachments

• P1060017.JPG
    P1060017.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 603
Back