Evocative picture of my 917K.

A race photographer has just sent me this period looking picture taken at the last outing in November. Thought you might like it also.

I,ve done a lot more original type upgrading since i last posted about the engine blow up. Lightweight rear end and rear light back plates, wider trays and arches, finned lighter filler cap, quick release and lighter engine and fan cowling, and lighter twin exhausts (they are the real weighty pain in the rear end but regs demand them).
Took loads of pictures myself but none will download, but i,ll keep trying.

Attachments

• 7218056170_9ebf552ee8_b[1]_edited.jpg
    7218056170_9ebf552ee8_b[1]_edited.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 559
Sorry, but have tried and tried to add my own pictures of the changes, but the site keeps saying download failed. Must be too many mb,s or similar with this new camera. Will have to try with old one and take a load more shots, and hope that it downloads OK.

Never had this problem before.

If you would use a photo sharing web site such as Photobucket(it is free, here is mine)

Billmusarra's Library | Photobucket

You will see you have four choices for downloading. Email, Direct, HTML, and IMG Code. All you have to do is click on the Direct, it will be highlighted. Right click on it and click "copy". Go to the posting where you want the pic to apear. Click on the mountain top at the top of the reply thread and paste it. Hit OK and it is done. You should not have any problem downloading your pics. They can stay their original mb. or pixel size. The gt40 site will automaticly resize your pics for display. That way if someone wants to see the pic as it was taken, they just have to click on the pic to see it in its full glory.
Hope this helps you out.

Bill

Well Bill,

downloaded pictures onto Photobucket with no problems.

Just one problem now .......... cannot get Photobucket to download.

I think i,ll just take another load of pictures.

The car looks SWEEET.....
A couple questions....Is that windscreen plastic or a laminated safety glass?
and
Is that body a copy of original bodywork or bodywork from the LMK company?

Thanks
John

Windscreen is 4mm laminated glass as original and bodywork is now from chassis 010 moulds.

It has had much development work and alterations, just as the originals underwent.
Still cannot get the latest pictures to download, not even from photobucket !!

What setting is your camera. Is it taking "raw" pictures, which are too large for any download. Take your pics on the standard or slightly enlarged setting. then try photobucket. Put another way if you can only take 15 shots before your card is full, you are too large. I normally take mine at a setting of 1024x768. That is a 94kb file size. The site then compresses(I think) the photo to fit. Any one clicking on it can then click again and get the full size or as they say the original size. This setting gives me a good looking shot and enlarged it is not grainy. Check your setting of the camera and adjust them down. You won't loose any quality.
Hope this helps.
Another thing you can try is if you have a photo editing software, you can save the pic at a reduce size and it should give you choices. Now if you reduce it too much(680x420) it will look like a postage stamp here on the forum. Good luck.

Bill

Bill,

you are quite right as usual. It is the wifes camera and she has just confirmed that it is set at too higher rating.

Definitely a new photo shoot.

Thanks so much for your knowledge and guidance.

Forgive my ignorance - Where can I find more information/posts on your car? Is it a replica? if so, what brand?

Great picture.

You can take all the pics that you uploaded to Photobucket, and just above the pictures there is a button that allows you to edit the picture. They are upgrading the site so if it redirects you just follow the prompts. Then hit the edit button. At the top of the edit page. Select one for a trial run. There are many choices for editing. You want the "Resize your picture." Chose that option and chose the size you want, The numbers that first appear are the size of your pics. Choose 1024x768. Then save the pic.To make sure you don't mess up the originals, don't choose replace original. Go to that new image and click on it. It will be displayed in its new size. See if you like it. If you do, redo all that you have(nice project for a rainy night). Then you can add them as described earlier to the forum.
Might save you from having to stage the car(again). Good luck.

Bill

Well the new race season beckons next week, so a visit to the rolling road last Tuesday to fine tune the now run in rebuilt engine. A fantastic 91.6 bhp increase in power + the lightening work since its last outing should hopefully prove beneficial and will probably mean having to buy new BROWN race underwear !!!!!!!!!
The slide and tilt transporter that i purchased late last year now makes loading and unloading so easy for either the 40 or 917.

Probably make or break this year. This racing game is just getting too expensive now, riddled with so many regulations and sell by dates and ever increasing entry fees.

Attachments

• IMG_9214.jpg
    IMG_9214.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 242
Hello
As you build a replica ( and so nice !!) with an 6 cyl where do you race ?
Are they specific races in England for those type of cars ?

Sorry, this picture of the car at the rolling road should have been with my last posting

Attachments

• IMG_9231.jpg
    IMG_9231.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 335

Keith

Probably make or break this year. This racing game is just getting too expensive now, riddled with so many regulations and sell by dates and ever increasing entry fees.

Perhaps loosen a rod bolt and get David Piper to run a few laps in it?

Back