Transmission Thread Disappeared

Hi moderators. I was part of a conversation on a thread about the Elite Racing Transmission TXL300 gearbox, but it appears to have been removed from the forum.

In fact, it didn't even show up in 'my statistics' that I had even posted on it.

Where'd it go?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What forum did you make your post in? Was it an existing thread or did you start a new thread?

It was an existing thread, but it wasn't the one mentioned above. It was started by a member based in the US (not much help, I know), but had about 4 or 5 posts before I got to it. It was only started on Friday or Saturday I believe.

As for which sub-forum, I think it was the Powertrain / transaxles forum, but not 100% sure. It referenced the Elite Racing Transmissions company in the title, and the thread contained links to that company's website for both their TXL250 and TXL300 transmissions.

A fellow member also saw the initial thread, and like me, can't find it anymore.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
sorry man - I have no idea what might have happened to it.

Ron Earp

Admin
No, only us admins can delete threads. I deleted some spam a couple of days ago, maybe Sunday, and there is a chance it could have been selected by accident when I deleted the spam. I don't remember the thread or reading it, but there is a chance I or one of the other admins could have purged it.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
The only way a thread can be restored is to restore the forum to the state it was at a backup point before the thread was deleted. That's a pain in the ass and we've only had to do it once in the history of the forum, maybe twice, when the database got corrupted.

No sweat guys, and thanks for your efforts.

We'll just start another, and hopefully the participants will add their info.

Yes,
I started the thread and after 2 days, a notification showed up (by Randy V.), who invoked the forum rule number 2 advising me to comply. So...,I did.
Next, I posted some additional information with links to Elite Trans website and apparently this did it. Someone nuked it into oblivion.
Well, s*#% happens.

Here it goes again:
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> TXL250 6S/6SE – Trans Axle 6 Speed Sequential http://www.eliteraci...s/txl250-6s6se/

Specifications:

• 2 sizes available, 12mm width gears or 22mm width gears 1-6
  • 400Nm (300 ft lbs) & 540Nm(400 ft lbs) Maximum Torque Capacity
  • Sequential gear selection, 6 forward plus reverse with pull neutral/reverse lockout
  • Plated LSD is included in price
  • Various output flange options: medium CV (100mm) & large CV (108mm) or bespoke available
  • Input shaft to suit application is included
  • Input can be at rear, via flange if required to give a ‘gears in board’ orientation
  • Orientation can be with input running above or below the outputs
  • Can be specified with an additional output for a 4WD system.
  • Dog engagement via proven dog system
  • Aluminium case construction
Gearbox Options:

• 108mm CV output flanges – Add £80.00
  • Digital gear indicator system – Potentiometer, wiring loom and display box – £340.00
  • Aluminium 20mm adapter plate – From £200.00
  • Donor bell housing modification/adaption service available – please enquire for cost.
  • Hydraulic clutch slave cylinder & release bearing – £118.00
  • Spacer for hydraulic clutch cylinder – From £80.00
http://www.eliteraci...-Ratio-List.pdf

http://www.eliteraci...1/TXL250-6s.pdf
<!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey John,

You need to restart your thread in the proper subforum, the transaxle subforum. If you are offering services or wares for sale you need to be a vendor on the forum, please see the vendor rules. If your original post was offering items for sale I might have deleted it due to that fact.

Thanks,
Ron

Hello Ron,

Doubtful, but... it might have been a misunderstanding.

I want to make clear to you the following:
-I've never been involved with ETR, nor been their agent, rep, salesman.
-I have no interest, financial, intellectual, or otherwise in this company.
-I have NOT offered any products for sale on this website.
-I offered a viable, verified information from the public domain sources.

Since you nor other Moderators asked pertinent questions before deleting my thread, it seems obvious, that my thread was censored/ deleted without warning due to some reasons NOT mentioned above.
No hard feelings, though.
I'm glad that everything cleared up.
Let's move on!

Kind Regards
John D

Ron Earp

Admin
Since you nor other Moderators asked pertinent questions before deleting my thread, it seems obvious, that my thread was censored/ deleted without warning due to some reasons NOT mentioned above.

Hi John,

As I have stated, I do not know who deleted the thread nor for what reason. I have speculated a couple of logical reasons why it was removed - it was accidentally deleted when cleansing spam, or it could have been identified as an advertising post and removed.

Generally, we issue a warning before deleting advertising posts, therefore my conclusion is that it was accidentally deleted as spam.

Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
As one of the moderators here, I do a fair amount of cleanup. While lately the spam has been far reduced from what it was, I have found myself cleaning up legitimate threads where someone has posted spam in them, and I have had to wholesale slaughter threads that started as spam but numerous well meaning members have posted on them. This can happen any number of times in a given day.

As Ron stated, we customarily reach out to the poster of a message or thread that may be questionable in one way or another before we take any permanent action.

In the case of the thread in question here - I don't know what might have happened to it.

If you truly feel that this was something that was done deliberately then maybe this is not a place you want to call home. While I hope this is not the case, I realize that we cannot be all things to all people.

Back