New welder

I've been looking for a more portable welder for my SLC project. My present welder is a Lincoln TIG that needs 220V power.

So when I saw this welder that only needs an 18v battery pack, it seemed like just the ticket. Plus, it has a spool gun, which everyone knows makes it easy to weld aluminum.

The small size would make it great for tacking up exhaust, or even welding on the chassis in tight spots.

Take a look and let me know if you think I should buy a couple to have around the shop:

» 18v Rechargeable MIG

Is this another 4/1?

The car battery type has been around for years for at track crude repairs, but a Li battery welder? I'll continue to use them in my bikes, tools and possibly in future cars, but still not a believer in this. Then again, I bet Boeing's issues could have welded quite a bit with their Li.

Cute, but I bet you'll get half way through most jobs and have a dead battery... I can run two feet of wire in about 20 seconds. I have a Miller140 MIG (110) which is relatively light (with the half-size bottle) and reasonably portable for most jobs. It's a smart little bit of kit.

Lets say it is for real and not an AFD hoax , then I don't think this:" makes it easy to weld aluminum. " (post #1) will be easy.

To mig ali you need argon. I see only a CO2 canister. Also to mig ali takes/consumes way more power than steel. Will be interesting to see an actual weld bead made by this device.

Z.C.

No

I wouldnt get rid of that Lincoln yet.

If and when it doesnt work you can turn it into an electric antenna for your car.

Jim

I am sure if you put in the green whipped cream canister (nitrous oxide) in place of the co2 canister the additional heat for welding aluminium will be provided. :idea:
Failing that turn off the wire feeder and suck on the nozzle and you'll be laughing!:laugh:
:thumbsup:

Back