Rear hubs

I've been pondering where/how to pick up signal for my Race Logic Traction Control. I have the front senders picking up from the wheel stud heads. But for the rear? I see that the Vette SKS/Pfadt hubs are splined, have a three bolt mounting pattern and include wheel sensors. Race Logic TC can use different pickups front to rear. So, does anyone know whether (a) the splines will match our outer stub axles and (b) the three bolt pattern will match the upright bolt holes? Seems it would be a good (and perhaps stronger) solution. What say ye......:idea: or :thumbsdown:.

Call you the Drive Shaft Shop - supplier of the axles. They can sell you toothed wheels which fit on the hub. Easy to hammer on if you heat them up a little (I used our stove at 200F). I then fabricated a mount for the speed sensor on each side of the transmission (G96). My system is ECU-based using Honeywell 3010 VR sensors.

What sensor does the RaceLogic system use? Their own custom units?

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you pics. Posting on here is painful as I have to resize to get under the file size limits.

Tim

Thanks Fran.

It's probably obvious, but I should clarify that I used the transmission-side hubs, not the wheel-side ones. Attached is a crappy iPhone pic...

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 323
Driveshaft Shop sells the "ABS" sprockets for $80 each, a lot less expensive than the hubs for sure! That's the path I'm taking.

Thanks Fran.

It's probably obvious, but I should clarify that I used the transmission-side hubs, not the wheel-side ones. Attached is a crappy iPhone pic...

Tim - looking good. My Racelogic TC is reading off the back wheel studs - but if that ever fails - I will go the ring route. For some reason I thought the rings were less than 100.00 for the pair....??

Tim - looking good. My Racelogic TC is reading off the back wheel studs - but if that ever fails - I will go the ring route. For some reason I thought the rings were less than 100.00 for the pair....??

I think I paid $40 for the pair. Maybe I got a deal 'cause I'm such a nice guy. :D

I think I paid $40 for the pair. Maybe I got a deal 'cause I'm such a nice guy. :D

That's more like it. I have another photo of your install from an older email.

Attachments

• !cid_A1145236-C469-4757-864F-730E32CFD76B@hsd1_ca_comcast_net.jpg
    !cid_A1145236-C469-4757-864F-730E32CFD76B@hsd1_ca_comcast_net.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 273
Back