P4 finally home

After a very long rebuild, my P4 is finally home and running as it should always have. It is based off a 330 GT and was originally built by Jim Carpenter's shop in 1995. The car retains its original V12 engine. It likely then sat neglected in tow high end collections before I bought it. It was a complete basket case when purchased. The car has essentially been rebuilt from front-to-back. Wiring was redone. antiquated fuel injection system replaced with twin Haltech units. Fuel tanks replaced. Duel fuel pumps added. Surge tanks fabricated and added. Suspension re-aligned - was majorly out of wack! New belts. New seals. Etc, etc, etc...

It is now running so incredibly strong. It is a joy to drive and there is nothing like the sound of a vintage Ferrari V12 through straight pipes!!! Special thanks goes out to Hill automotive for the great work they did.

Attachments

• IMG125.jpg
    IMG125.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG126.jpg
    IMG126.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 438

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Wow!!!!! What a beauty! I bet the sound is intoxicating!
Very nice indeed!

:thumbsup:

Very nice car. Congrats! Tell us a bit more about the chassis and body, please.

Thanks for all the compliments. The chassis and body were all done by Jim Carpenter in his shop. He is still producing these cars, but he is now using the more modern V12 from the Ferrari 550. I know had had a few older engines lying around as he offered me one when I bought this car - he thought I might want a spare :laugh:.

Jim, it is nice to have the GT 40 and the P4. Very different cars, but both quite enjoyable. Not sure which I like better, but I have a feeling that as I get more comfortable with the P4 I will gravitate to it.

Jack, I am in Joplin. We met at Crescent Classic this year. I would like to meet up one of these days.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Steve I thought that was you, I would really like to see that bad boy! I'm just finishing up my twin turbo Ferrari. Lets get together for a bull session.

Back