GTD build by Pfenlon

in the beginning as they say, my son bought a chassis, suspension, brakes.
from the previous owner, I think he was called Keith Baker? He lives overseas
now so I am going to help with the build.

he did a fine job of covering the interior with a fine layer of Carbon fibre material.

I am fitting the suspension to the chassis, I sourced the rose joints from McGill,
but need 2 spacers per rose joint, could someone let me know where I can buy these or will I have to get some made?

Just received the latest magazine, and having thought the massive front roll bar was impressive, now I wonder if the front section should be removed!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Glad to see this thread Pete...

Post up some pictures if you can along the way.. Always good reference for you and others!

Hi Pete,

I have seen washers used as spacers..

Ive heard that alluminium spacers are best because they absorb some of the vibration

I can give you some alloy round bar. I have 16 mm, 19 mm, 25mm diameter bar if you want to make your own, or I have some 8.5 id x 16 mm od steel tube, I could send you some of this, you could cut it to your required length, and drill it out to the correct size

It would be good to see some pics of your car

Mick

Mike Pass

Supporter
Are you in Romiley as in Cheshire? If you are then your local group of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club are on your doorstep and can assist you with most things. If you send me your contact details a PM - personal email via this forum I will put you in touch with nearby members and a local machinist who can make anything you need.
Cheers
Mike

Back