Novi Supercharger

Michael Fling

Supporter
I was consulting with the gearhead who will be assisting me with my build. We were looking at the Novi supercharger for the LS3. Has anyone done this, or does anyone have any insight on this application in the SLC? There is 6 pounds of boost that yields up to 45% more horsepower. Thoughts?

Michael, remember the intake has to be turned 180 Deg.
Really complicates things for a belt driven supercharger.

Michael Fling

Supporter
:huh:

I got a bid today on a twin turbocharger/intercooler system. 18-20K is more than I wanted to spend. I was thinking of the benefits of the supercharger with a significant reduction is costs... But, I forgot about the fact that it would be impossible.

Not impossible: See my forward facing intake Magnuson Supercharger on an LS7 based engine. Takes some work no doubt, but it can be done and with an LS3 it will be WAY easier than my LS7 due to the availability of a direct bolt on Mag for the LS3 engine.

I hear another phone call in my future from Mr Fling.....

:huh:

I got a bid today on a twin turbocharger/intercooler system. 18-20K is more than I wanted to spend. I was thinking of the benefits of the supercharger with a significant reduction is costs... But, I forgot about the fact that it would be impossible.

If you want to keep your supercharged options open, have Fran make your chassis for the LS9. Then you can use the LSA @ <$12K or the $21K LS9 + $3K for custom ECU setup (GM doesn't sell them) and either one will respond to minor mods such as pulleys and intake work for more power.

If you decide (as I did) to go the NA route, The chassis set up for a supercharged motor will work fine. Then you can go the SC route later if you want, without doing chassis surgery.

JR

Back