A/C Compressor & Brackets

I had a chance to install RCR's a/c brackets with a Sanden SD7. Let's just say that access after the engine is in the vehicle can be trying. My left arm looks Like I ran it thru a sticker bush/blender.

Just a heads up - if you're planning on a/c it would behoove you to mock it up and install it to the motor prior to chassis install. Would have been a piece of cake if done on an engine stand.

Does your have a tensioner? ive got the standard vintage air kit. wait until you get to alingment. Youve got about 1.5mm margin of error.

Attachments

• ac comp.JPG
    ac comp.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 255
Does your have a tensioner? ive got the standard vintage air kit. wait until you get to alignment. Youve got about 1.5mm margin of error.

Cam, the RCR brackets are slotted so you have forward and rear adjustment and the 4 groove belt has some adjust-ability on the multi-groove SD7 compressor. I haven't run it up thru the rpms yet to see if stays put but my belt adjustment looks pretty good. It a took little bit of trial and error with ALL the connecting bolts loose first. Yes it has a turnbuckle tension rod which you cut down to size for your application. I'm glad you brought this up - I forgot to order the freon for charging the system this weekend. Doing that tonight.

Back